Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Switching Resellers?

Bill H

I let my MC subscription lapse a few years ago, but now am considering upgrading or renewing.  Am I obligated to stay with the reseller my previous subscription was with?  Will pricing vary between resellers or is it dictated by CNC Software?

22 minutes ago, Bill H said:

I let my MC subscription lapse a few years ago, but now am considering upgrading or renewing.  Am I obligated to stay with the reseller my previous subscription was with?  Will pricing vary between resellers or is it dictated by CNC Software?

You can "If" the area that you are in is served by multiple resellers...if not, then no

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JParis said:

You can "If" the area that you are in is served by multiple resellers...if not, then no

JParis:  So resellers serve specific geographic areas and subscribers are obligated to stay with the reseller in their area?

To answer the other question, you'll pay the same price for Mastercam & Maintenance anywhere in the country. 

As JParis mentioned, it's not too big a deal if you multiple dealers servicing your area (that happens a few places in the US, I'm not sure about your area of NJ).  Otherwise, you have to call the corporate office and have a chat with the sales manager for your  area.  It's very rare that it happens, but it can for exceptional circumstances.

If you (or anyone reading this) feel that you are not getting the service from your reseller that you think you should, I would encourage you to reach out to the territory manager at the main office.  In most cases, there's some misunderstandings happening and a bit of mediation can smooth it over.  In a few cases, it turns out a reseller doesn't have the capabilities to support what the customer needs, in which case the main office will work with them and you to make sure you're up and running and the reseller is better equipped for similar situations in the future.

Note that these are my observation and do not reflect CNC Software/Mastercam's official stance.  I am not an authorized representative of CNC Software and am therefore unable to speak for them.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Bill H said:

I let my MC subscription lapse a few years ago

depending of the definition of "few",  you may find it cheaper to purchase a new seat 

the penalties for renewing lapsed maintenance are horrific

Occasionally CNC Software will have a "come back to Jesus" sale when lapsed maintenance users

can renew at sale prices.

I keep my maintenance current no matter how painful it may be because I know renewal only gets more painful 

with each passing month

• Like 2

A brief reminder

2 of the Terms of Service for eMC are

no bad mouthing Mastercam dealers

and no discussions of Mastercam prices

This thread has been dancing around the edges of a TOS violation, but so far, so good IMO

Should it disappear, someone above my paygrade thinks differently  :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 1/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, gcode said:

A brief reminder

2 of the Terms of Service for eMC are

no bad mouthing Mastercam dealers

and no discussions of Mastercam prices

Uh-oh, the speech police are here.. :harhar::sofa:

On 1/8/2022 at 5:12 AM, Newbeeee™ said:

G's got a twitching trigger finger....although OT is a distant memory, he misses the halcyon days of swinging the 'ol banhammer....

:hrhr:

Nope.. I posted that because we had a very informative thread about ICAM a while back

It has some good things about ICAM and some not so good things about ICAM.

No pointless bashing, all of the posts were based on user's personal experiences.

I can't find that thread anymore..

It could be because I'm not using eMC search properly, and it's still here

or

someone above my paygrade killed it 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, gcode said:

Nope.. I posted that because we had a very informative thread about ICAM a while back

It has some good things about ICAM and some not so good things about ICAM.

No pointless bashing, all of the posts were based on user's personal experiences.

I can't find that thread anymore..

It could be because I'm not using eMC search properly, and it's still here

or

someone above my paygrade killed it 

Sure you are not getting forums confused?

• Like 1
On 1/6/2022 at 7:43 AM, Matthew Hajicek - Conventus said:

If you have special circumstances, you can appeal to CNC Software directly.  As I worked for a reseller in the past, I was able to purchase through an alternate reseller.

Depends on your geographical location.

Not getting into details, but in reality, appealing does little to nothing, even when there are a number of customers appealing, and "hypothetically", the reseller was incapable of supporting the product himself, If you're lucky enough to have more than one reseller in your location, then at least you have an option.

'nuff said... (bites tongue)

1 hour ago, Mick said:

Depends on your geographical location.

Not getting into details, but in reality, appealing does little to nothing, even when there are a number of customers appealing, and "hypothetically", the reseller was incapable of supporting the product himself, If you're lucky enough to have more than one reseller in your location, then at least you have an option.

'nuff said... (bites tongue)

My alternate reseller was in a completely different part of the country.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gcode said:

Actually, this was all just a clever ploy to direct traffic to the new forum :whistle:

I wish I were that smart  

Why do you think I posted the link ?

:p

I did see a few new sign ups I think actually..