Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis heidenhain

Good morning and happy new year
Is there a generic pst for heidenhain 5 axes? I have to make one for a machine, 
but I can't find the base of any generic 5 axes, I only find up to 4 axes.
It is for tnc640.
I have only got 5-axis generic fanuc and haas.
Regards and thank you
25 minutes ago, gcode said:

I checked the Tech Exchange on Mastercam.com, but did not find one

I didn't find any either.  There is an option to pay for reseller but they send it encrypted.  I want it decrypted so I can configure it my way

https://www.mastercam.com/support/post-processors/a-heidenhain-tnc-5x-mill-post-processor/

17 minutes ago, ikertx0 said:

I didn't find any either.  There is an option to pay for reseller but they send it encrypted.  I want it decrypted so I can configure it my way

https://www.mastercam.com/support/post-processors/a-heidenhain-tnc-5x-mill-post-processor/

They will leave stuff open for you to configure but some of it will remain locked...just gotta let them know what you want

6 minutes ago, JParis said:

They will leave stuff open for you to configure but some of it will remain locked...just gotta let them know what you want

I don't think they (reseller) will send it to me for free, even if it is the generic 5axis.  That is why I was asking if it is available somewhere to download and be able to configure it myself

12 minutes ago, ikertx0 said:

I don't think they (reseller) will send it to me for free, even if it is the generic 5axis.  That is why I was asking if it is available somewhere to download and be able to configure it myself

It's a 5 axis post, unless you want to start configuring a generic post yourself, you will be paying for it.

People looking for 5 axis freebies raise red flags for me about being legitimate users

• Like 3

Taking the least expensive route (free) in 5 axis programming is a recipe for massive costs in machine repairs...spend the money up front and get a proven/ supported post processor and get verification software. I know the cost is up front but it will pay off in the end.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gcode said:

You are going to have to buy that post

3 hours ago, JParis said:

It's a 5 axis post, unless you want to start configuring a generic post yourself, you will be paying for it.

People looking for 5 axis freebies raise red flags for me about being legitimate users

2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

Taking the least expensive route (free) in 5 axis programming is a recipe for massive costs in machine repairs...spend the money up front and get a proven/ supported post processor and get verification software. I know the cost is up front but it will pay off in the end.

Thank you. I already have a post-processor encrypted by my reseller for my license number,

including the machine simulation, but I would like to make one in my own way,

since the current one is configured in a different way than I have and to work.

It is the reason why I was looking for a generic free 5 axis.

2 hours ago, ikertx0 said:

Thank you. I already have a post-processor encrypted by my reseller for my license number,

Look in my signature. On my YouTube Channel, watch the "MP 301" Videos. This shows you how to take the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post, and configure it to do many things. This is the closest you will get to an "Unencrypted 5-Axis Post". All of the NC Code Output Blocks are located in the PST "portion" of the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post. The Post is configured with two files > Generic Fanuc 5X Mill.pst & Generic Fanuc 5X Mill.psb. Note > Both of these files have the "same file name", but a different File Extension. So, if you rename both of the file names "the same name string", you can create new copies of this Post, and do what you want with it. So, if you want to reconfigure the output for a Heidenhain, you're free to do that.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ikertx0 said:

I know of 40 people you can put out work and many companies you will put out of business coming up with post. There is years upon years of blood sweat and tears in many of the 5 Axis posts for Mastercam out there. Once you dig into the process and see the work involved for what you think is a trivial request you will see real quick the gravity of the question you just asked.

• Like 4