Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

converting rapid moves to set feed

raidersmachinist

Can anyone tell me how to convert rapid moves to a set feed rate using mastercam18? i have 5000 lines of code and for whatever my reason my lathe wont accept it with rapid moves. when i convert the first couple rapid moves to feed it runs fine. the code is good, machine doesnt alarm out, it just sits there when it gets to the first rapid move. i included the code. the last line is when it just sits there doing nothing. but will orientate initially just fine

O0000(TEST)
(DATE-01-08-22 10:20 AM)
G20
(TOOL-9OFFSET-9)
( 1/16 BALL ENDMILL)
(DOOSAN C-AXIS LATHE)
G54
N9 T0909
G98
M23
M90
G0 C103.638 (has no problem with initial orientation)
M88
G0 X5.2 Z-.4242 M8
G97 S2500 M51
X4.9
G1 X4.6933 F1.
X4.6923 Z-.3935 C102.87 F139.71
C108.321 F195.37
X4.6913 Z-.3628 C108.325 F1.
X4.9 F50.
G0 X5.2
Z-.3935 C108.321 (this is where it sits there, if i change it to a G01 with a feed it does fine)

idk how to reply to you but i would be able to replace each line but not all the C numbers are the same so im not sure how to change all at once if that makes sense. plus id like different feeds for the tool than the "rapid" moves. i found a box in the control definition that says "convert all rapid moves to maximum feedrate" i click that and it still throws it into the code as a rapid

• Like 1