Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SAFTY ZONE CONTROLL

cncasylum

Hey CNC Asylum- Since we don't have knowledge of the machine kinematics at the toolpath level, all we're doing here is commanding vectors in space. The machine post will decide the side this will end up on (A90 or A-90). An easy way to change this, if your post reacts to values in your machine definition, is to edit the local copy of the machine definition that's in the part file, and artificially restict it to something like A-30 to A90, to force it to always stay on the side you can see it. It's easy enough to edit these values and re-post and see if it gave you what you needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Chally72 said:

The machine post will decide the side this will end up on (A90 or A-90)

All right great. I'll play with that info in the am thanks.  I have noticed that, during machine sim. My trunion (A) will rotate 180 to get front to back but at the machine A will stay -90 while C gets me front to back.

33 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

That's due to the simulator taking the best guess at what machine behavior will be. In the machine simulation setup, you can modify that solution bias to better mimic what your machine is doing and get a little closer to a 1:1 simulation.

The posts has the same switches and when you have a post tied to the machine sim. These types of control show them self through the Machinesim. Now the programmer can feel more comfortable what they are seeing Machinesim is going to be more like what they see on the real machine.

We use Machinesim for proving out programs and then use CAV afterwards as the final word before sending programs to customers. We trust Machinesim to a point, but when we have run it through a proven CAV then I feel more comfortable saying run it on the machine.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Little nevous going in and messing with all these settings being that iv just steered clear of this area of mastercam. Im going to dive in tho. I think before i change any settings id like to play and see what does what first. After running this part today i noticed a couple thing that are making the picture more clear.  With the 3 faces its good practice for me.  For example i have  4 .25 sf pin holes, 2 on the rt side 2 on lft. So when i tied all 4 holes together when chaining (control shift select id love it) and applying saftey zone my A will use a positive and minus, full 180 swing. But if i use my planes and set lft n rt (or even fnt n bk) my A axis will stay -90 (tables facing me) and rotate my C to the face i am working on. Great day over all. With our powers combined we can get thru this. Thanks again  from the 5 axis rookie. 

1 hour ago, cncasylum said:

Little nevous going in and messing with all these settings being that iv just steered clear of this area of mastercam. Im going to dive in tho. I think before i change any settings id like to play and see what does what first. After running this part today i noticed a couple thing that are making the picture more clear.  With the 3 faces its good practice for me.  For example i have  4 .25 sf pin holes, 2 on the rt side 2 on lft. So when i tied all 4 holes together when chaining (control shift select id love it) and applying saftey zone my A will use a positive and minus, full 180 swing. But if i use my planes and set lft n rt (or even fnt n bk) my A axis will stay -90 (tables facing me) and rotate my C to the face i am working on. Great day over all. With our powers combined we can get thru this. Thanks again  from the 5 axis rookie. 

I am glad to help and I believe Dylan feels the same way. Keep posting questions and asking like you are and we will get you to the point where you will making programs and posting code without ever thinking twice about it.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, cncasylum said:

Maybe start here,

I have this tube I need to put a bolt circle at each end. Code looks good. when I run mach. sim my A axis will position to A positive even thoe my axis value off to the rt show A-90. deg. In my mach. sim. image the table is facing away from me (A90.) 

Screenshot (10).png

Need to look here and make adjustments. Using the different settings to control the way the primary axis tilts and then you should see it match what you want on the machine.

image.thumb.png.ef1e8a64a3c38526f3c1fb9d043c553f.png

• Like 1
On 1/20/2022 at 4:03 AM, cncasylum said:

Good morning, 

It looks as thoe I need to change my Z zero for my mach. sim. Is this correct or do I need to park it where I'd like it?

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

You will need to open the machine through the standard Machine sim and then edit it. In there you will want to edit the initial value of the Z axis.

Edited by crazy^millman
Pictures removed to add space
  • Thanks 1