Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Groups Advise

#Rekd™

17 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

I'd add a link to your website in your signature... . Just sayin'....

True, very true...

11 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

Your website, being the other forum?

MastercamForums.com is the free community created by #Neurosis

My official website is :

https://theebyte.com/

3 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

Gotcha.  I feel like EMastercam is a whole new forum.  I never had the "view signatures" setting turned on and didn't even know this forum had sigs!🙄

They added that feature recently, I believe if you hide a signature once it hides all of them until you turn it off.

I notice it happened after I put some giant links to my site and the off topic forum in my siggy, tho I don't want to claim credit! 🤣

I was kind of thinking they don't want users advertising their sites via the siggy..

Are you a member of MastercamForums.com?

1 hour ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Alt+E (screen hide in the graphics area) will cycle your selected ops through the three expand/collapsed options, but it does it to every under your selection.  I wonder if the system team knows about that?  I'll send it in.

Nope it does everything in thee operations manger not a specific group in the operations manager. Locked up MT for about 2 minutes while it thought about what it was doing. Scared me thought I had crashed Mastercam. Will not be trying that one again on this file.

28 minutes ago, byte said:

They added that feature recently, I believe if you hide a signature once it hides all of them until you turn it off.

I notice it happened after I put some giant links to my site and the off topic forum in my siggy, tho I don't want to claim credit! 🤣

I was kind of thinking they don't want users advertising their sites via the siggy..

Are you a member of MastercamForums.com?

I have had my email and website on mine for years. They still let me even though I am the pain I am.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Nope it does everything in thee operations manger not a specific group in the operations manager. Locked up MT for about 2 minutes while it thought about what it was doing. Scared me thought I had crashed Mastercam. Will not be trying that one again on this file.

I think a simple, "expand selected" & "collapse selected" chook would do the trick.

3 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

I have had my email and website on mine for years. They still let me even though I am the pain I am.

You misunderstood I think, the feature hides ALL signatures

Including yours

They also don't show on mobkle devices afaik

6 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

What I meant is that it does everything from your selection down.  For example, if I have the first group selected here:

image.png.749a9ab44697c0f99dd10b15ef7a9435.png

And hit Alt+E - it'll expand both groups:

image.png.17f4074a4d4f7e00ee231ccdabff1692.png

But if you only have the second group selected, it'll only act on that one (and any groups underneath it):

image.png.14e749b99f2a58588ca8af113f419145.png

So it's clearly broken, but in an odd way. 

• Like 1
Just now, Aaron Eberhard said:

What I meant is that it does everything from your selection down.  For example, if I have the first group selected here:

Okay thank you, but I and others want the ability to pick one group and expand or collapse one group not everything else just handle it for one group. I thought I remember us having that ability some versions ago. By nice to see the groups get carried over in MT, but not going to hold my breath for that. Peter might be able to whip something up. 🤔

17 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Okay thank you, but I and others want the ability to pick one group and expand or collapse one group not everything else just handle it for one group. I thought I remember us having that ability some versions ago. By nice to see the groups get carried over in MT, but not going to hold my breath for that. Peter might be able to whip something up. 🤔

Right, that's how I remembered it working years ago too...

But hey, It allowed me to submit my first bug report for my new company, so that's worth something, right? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

But hey, It allowed me to submit my first bug report for my new company, so that's worth something, right? :)

Yes defintly, I feel an update 3.2 coming....

13 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

speaking of what has been ruined lately... what is with the drill point manager?

does it still show 3 points in the window when u have over a hundred selected?

what is the rest of the window for?

Capture.PNG

You can expand the features window height, not by much thou, maybe double the height or so.

Hover mouse on bottom edge of the features window, mouse should change to double arrow up and down then drag

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AHarrison1 said:

You can expand the features window height, not by much thou, maybe double the height or so.

Hover mouse on bottom edge of the features window, mouse should change to double arrow up and down then drag

yes I know, thanks, but that is ridiculous. it goes back. it won't stay for next time. in 2017 that manager is far superior!

they ruined it in 2019 and just left it that way?  I say again what is the rest of the window for? if I had a student that put out that kind of trash , I would give them a reprimand for not completing the job! these guys keep the crap and don't even notice? it makes me ill that they leave it broken!

1 hour ago, Seedy steve said:

speaking of what has been ruined lately... what is with the drill point manager?

does it still show 3 points in the window when u have over a hundred selected?

what is the rest of the window for? 

What version and resolution is your monitor?  In 2022 on a normal 1920x1080 @ 100% zoom, mine looks like this out of the box:

image.png.fd0806ddca3d01fb455d3b544ed84d41.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

What version

I use 2019 but I wish I had stayed with 2017.

I am not interested in what they have degraded to lately, Sorry.

even if there is a use for the wasted space.

I don't want a new bag of faults to get used to and account for.

every release , it takes more mouse clicks to get the job done.

More pain in the a$$.

29 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

That's a hard disagree from me

Wow u can make it show 9   !

LAME. 

but thanks for the reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

I use 2019 but I wish I had stayed with 2017.

I am not interested in what they have degraded to lately, Sorry.

even if there is a use for the wasted space.

I don't want a new bag of faults to get used to and account for.

every release , it takes more mouse clicks to get the job done.

More pain in the a$$.

Wow u can make it show 9   !

LAME. 

but thanks for the reply.

I take it you do not have the flexibility to use your preferred version.