Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video Card thoughts

JeremyV

21 hours ago, mwearne said:

I said this before but maybe worth saying again...

12th gen intels are a huge step in performance over previous gens, more than we've seen recently. DDR5 RAM and PCIe 4.0 help a ton. 

A Benchmark 3.0 time with a similar system above, 2:09 !!! I'm running a high end 10th gen system and I'm a minute slower. That's a massive gain!

...so ya, that setup will be good!

The 12th gen are nice but they come with the headache of managing the thermal loads on this thing because Intel did not do a good job with it. I built mine with a 480 radiator AIO and lots of case fans and I still cannot run prime without it thermal locking the performance of the cores. I am not to concerned about running some of these benchmarking programs because mastercam never uses what I allocate it but if I were to use this computer for other stuff I'd probably wait for the tick/tock on this chip.

I will say though that verify is somewhat tolerable now with this system. I am just waiting for someone to make 64gb DDR5 ram packs to really boost my build.

• Like 1