Jump to content

Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas lathe simulation environment CAD files


Stephen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm working on getting the MasterCAM lathe simulation environment for a 2015 Haas ST-10Y lathe. The Haas website only has the most current CAD model with a sub-spindle available.  I have a tailstock. They also do not have any locators. I have the 12 station hybrid (6 VDI / 6 BOT) with Eppinger(Preci-Flex) and Benz axial and radial holders.  Does anyone have the files for this machine they could share or can point me in the right direction?

 

Thank you,

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mastercam builds the environment for the machine the end user cannot do it. You cannot run standard machine simulation with Lathe. The end user must purchase an .machine environment for the Mill/Turn machine they want to simulate in Mastercam. The other choice is Vericut, NCSIMUL or ICAM. CAMPLETE as far as I know has no plans to get any HAAS lathes running through their Turnmill product. Their agreement with NAKAMURA TOME will not allow it for another few years from what I have heard.

Camplete Turnmill Nakamura Tome only

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I'm confused as far as how to proceed. I paid for the simulation environment upgrade. My MC reseller ask me to gather the CAD models for my machine and the locators. They did not want to be responsible for them because of all the various configurations of my machine. What should be my next move?

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

 

I'm confused as far as how to proceed. I paid for the simulation environment upgrade. My MC reseller ask me to gather the CAD models for my machine and the locators. They did not want to be responsible for them because of all the various configurations of my machine. What should be my next move?

 

Steve

The model I have for that machine from 2015 has the tail stock. see if this helps get them what they need. I would reach out to Selway and see what they say since they are HFO for your area.

ST-10Y 2015 Model

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Millman- Thanks! I appreciate the help.

This has been a frustrating adventure. When I asked Selway for the files they said: Your MC reseller has the files or get them off the Haas website.

Where can I find the working holding files?

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Stephen said:

 

 

Millman- Thanks! I appreciate the help.

This has been a frustrating adventure. When I asked Selway for the files they said: Your MC reseller has the files or get them off the Haas website.

Where can I find the working holding files?

 

Steve

There is no work holding files. Everything I have for holding the parts in the Jaws or Fixture I have mounted to the Spindle Nose or Face of Jaws I have made. If you are talking about the Live Tooling Blocks then Eppinger and others have some models you can get. Need to email them your model of machine and go from there. 

Eppinger Link

Eppigner Models

image.png.11d688a8c60d641ccb462b67742a8d8a.pngimage.png.6e2c272eb25515d67cf33e4bdd0f07b0.png

Here is a Fixture I designed for a Printed part some years ago. We did all the flange work on the Sub Spindle and then bolted it to this fixture to finish the rest of the part. It bolted over the serrations of the jaws and repeated within .001" when removed and put back. The center piece acted like a locating spud to the ID of the Chuck.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Nice fixture!

That link worked great. I found the radial and axial toolholder models. I emailed Benz for my other radial holder. I also emailed Royal for my collet holder. Are there any CAD libraries online for the basic BOT toolholders for round and square shanks? I was able to find my Kennametal tooling files online, 

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stephen said:

 

Nice fixture!

That link worked great. I found the radial and axial toolholder models. I emailed Benz for my other radial holder. I also emailed Royal for my collet holder. Are there any CAD libraries online for the basic BOT toolholders for round and square shanks? I was able to find my Kennametal tooling files online, 

 

Steve

Every Manufacture has the solid lathe holders on line today. Just have to do a search and your good to go. I have one library of solid tool, holders and fixture component that takes up 10.3gb is 55,424 files in 1434 folders that I have collected over the last 20 years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

So you got the machine environment that looks like this as this does not have RT spindle ? and you are just missing some of the components you use in your shop and certain locators correct?

 

1383545132_HaasST10Y_CHybrid.thumb.jpg.a79642e57074b1523599cc7dc5546c0e.jpg

Read this:

On 1/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, Stephen said:

 

I'm confused as far as how to proceed. I paid for the simulation environment upgrade. My MC reseller ask me to gather the CAD models for my machine and the locators. They did not want to be responsible for them because of all the various configurations of my machine. What should be my next move?

 

Steve

Jay it seems he doesn't have that, but has purchased it. His reseller asked him to get the CAD models for it and what he was requesting here and I had it. What you are showing looks exactly like what I had so then CNC Software does have the model, but the reseller is confused in asking him to get the model CNC software already has?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I have all the files now. Royal and Benz sent me the files I needed this morning. I will forward all of it to my MC reseller and hopefully that is all they need. Thanks again for all the expert help.

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Read this:

Jay it seems he doesn't have that, but has purchased it. His reseller asked him to get the CAD models for it and what he was requesting here and I had it. What you are showing looks exactly like what I had so then CNC Software does have the model, but the reseller is confused in asking him to get the model CNC software already has?

Ron, this the machine model in our Machine environment. I thought this what he wanted. and we all ready have this built. this is the Haas ST-10  Y_C_Hybrid .Machine
If this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

Ron, this the machine model in our Machine environment. I thought this what he wanted. and we all ready have this built. this is the Haas ST-10  Y_C_Hybrid .Machine
If this helps.

We are on the same page and exactly what I was thinking when you posted that up. Might need to reach out to MCAMNW and see if you can help move this along.

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us

×