Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Translation Axis is missing when Creating a Machine for Simulation

I have been trying to create a HaaS UMC-750 for machine simulation.   When I use the sliders on the axis control tab all the axis seem to move correctly but I get this error when I try to load the machine.

A translation axis is missing in the xml.Machine Defintion initialized with default definition.

I am attaching a picture of the error message, the machine geometry, and the tree I used to create the machine axis.

Pretty new to creating machines for machine sim  so any advice would be greatly appreciated

IMG_20220201_103553__01.jpg

IMG_20220201_103706.jpg

IMG_20220201_103841.jpg

I added a workpiece transform and holder transform to the machine and it will now open when I run simulation but it looks like the B-axis is off by 90 degrees.

I uploaded  all the machine geometry the same way it is in real life.  Not sure why this would be off. I still need to set limits for all the axis.  Not sure if that is affecting things.

IMG_20220202_080506.jpg

IMG_20220202_080542.jpg

1 hour ago, Justin Beebe at Folsom Tool said:

#Rekd Thanks for the link.  I'm still struggling to get the machine to simulate correctly.

It is often necessary to restart Mastercam after some major changes, always restart before thinking something didn't work.