Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gnome not visible

Rstewart

Hey guys,

Running MC 2022 update 2.  I had previously given up on fixing this issue, because I thought I had covered all the bases...  I can only see the gnome at X,Y, Zero if I hover over it.

I had chalked it up to maybe a graphics problem.  I have a new co-worker here that I'm training up, so we installed MC on his rig and he's off to the races.  His computer is working great and he doesn't have that same problem that I have (invisible gnome).

I wanted to load all my config, machines, tools, etc. onto his machine, as he's familiar with mine.  Guess What, now his works the same as mine 😞   

Good news is that I know it's something to do with my settings/config.

Anyone have ANY ideas? 

Also, while I'm here, I've somehow managed to either hide or close the Backplot dialog box (one that tells you the op time and lets you toggle the holder on/off)  I know this sounds rookie, but I've never killed that before?

28 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

Hey guys,

Running MC 2022 update 2.  I had previously given up on fixing this issue, because I thought I had covered all the bases...  I can only see the gnome at X,Y, Zero if I hover over it. 

I had chalked it up to maybe a graphics problem.  I have a new co-worker here that I'm training up, so we installed MC on his rig and he's off to the races.  His computer is working great and he doesn't have that same problem that I have (invisible gnome). 

I wanted to load all my config, machines, tools, etc. onto his machine, as he's familiar with mine.  Guess What, now his works the same as mine 😞   

Good news is that I know it's something to do with my settings/config.

Anyone have ANY ideas? 

Also, while I'm here, I've somehow managed to either hide or close the Backplot dialog box (one that tells you the op time and lets you toggle the holder on/off)  I know this sounds rookie, but I've never killed that before?

Alt+F9 is the keyboard shortcut to toggle the gnomon display.

As for the backplot window (I'm assuming you're talking about the entire window, not just the "expanded" part of it, I don't believe you can turn that on or off, but you can absolutely lose it off the screen.

The easiest way to get it back is to use the Mastercam Launcher (start menu > mastercam > mastercam launcher) and launch it with "Window Position > Reset" checked on (in the lower left).   That should reset all dialog positions.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Ok, that got my backplot window back, thanks.

As for the other issue, I am aware of the Alt F9 and the settings for the Gnomon.  I've went through all of them lots of times.  The problem I have is The Arrows are invisible unless I hover over it ( regardless of which settings I use).  I can Only see the "X,Y,and Z" on the screen.

Something in my settings / config is causing this

4 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

That's what I've been told previously.  What explains why my co-worker's rig worked correctly (showing the arrows) But when he loaded My config on his computer The arrows disappeared?? 

Mean no disrespect, but this is driving me crazy

No disrespect taken, but what are the specifications I asked for?

Let try something different then Have you tired deleting the workspace file and have Mastercam create a new one? Need to have Mastercam shut down before attempting this.

A hack of mine for dealing with workspace files is as such. I take the Mastercam.workspace file and copy it. I like to rename the copy of Mastercam.workspace to Mastercam.oem_workspace. If I ever have a problem I shut down Mastercam and take the existing workspace file and rename it to Mastercam.rdb_workspace so I have the copy of the one I was using. I then revert the original one installed Mastercam.oem_workspace back to Mastercam.workspace and have an original one. I have several different workspace files and manage them by just changing the extension. i could write a .bat program tied to a start up routine to rename and swap them, but since it is so easy to do just changing the extensions I have bothered making a .bat for this kind of stuff.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

But when he loaded My config on his computer

Sounds like one of those problems that a toolpath can get that is in the "backbone" of the file like a corruption.

u may need to build a whole new config. and toss the old one. I had config. issues that persisted after repair installation.

until I got a diff. PC. 

Hope u can keep most of your definitions and such. Good luck . 

easier to ignore the issue? who can say

s.

16 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

No disrespect taken, but what are the specifications I asked for?

Let try something different then Have you tired deleting the workspace file and have Mastercam create a new one? Need to have Mastercam shut down before attempting this.

A hack of mine for dealing with workspace files is as such. I take the Mastercam.workspace file and copy it. I like to rename the copy of Mastercam.workspace to Mastercam.oem_workspace. If I ever have a problem I shut down Mastercam and take the existing workspace file and rename it to Mastercam.rdb_workspace so I have the copy of the one I was using. I then revert the original one installed Mastercam.oem_workspace back to Mastercam.workspace and have an original one. I have several different workspace files and manage them by just changing the extension. i could write a .bat program tied to a start up routine to rename and swap them, but since it is so easy to do just changing the extensions I have bothered making a .bat for this kind of stuff.

Nvidia Quadro T1000 (laptop).  I updated the drivers not long ago, I have to get Admin approval to do so.

32 G of RAM

i7-10850H CPU @ 2.70GHz

I will try deleting the workspace file and probably start over

47 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

Nvidia Quadro T1000 (laptop).  I updated the drivers not long ago, I have to get Admin approval to do so.

32 G of RAM

i7-10850H CPU @ 2.70GHz

I will try deleting the workspace file and probably start over

Has the onboard video card been disabled in the BIOS? When you look in the device manager of display adapters what do you see for available devices.  

2 hours ago, GCP said:

Mine does the same thing

Have to set the  axes display opacity to 100% to fix. Even at 90% the gnomon disappears.

Thanks

Thanks!!!   Not sure why I didn't think of that lol.  Is that a possible bug, or is it a video card thing?

Ron,

Not in the Bios, but when you open the Nvidia manager it shows to be using the Quadro card for everything. Using one 42" Dell monitor via Hdmi straight out of the laptop. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:27 PM, GCP said:

Have to set the  axes display opacity to 100% to fix. Even at 90% the gnomon disappears.

Same problem here. Set opacity to 100% still nothing, after checking on the plane and grid, and checking them off again the Gnome reappeared. Happy days.