Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

When Merging Solidworks Parts, no Entities Appear

Gray Sutherlin

Hey everyone!

I've watched a couple tutorials on importing Solidworks parts and the process seems pretty simple:

1. In Mastercam, go to FILE > MERGE
  2. Change file type to SOLIDWORKS Files or All Files
  3. Select a file

Then, in the tutorials, the part should appears on the screen after a delay, you can use different functions to position the part.

However, for me, nothing appears after 5 minutes. The merging menu is up, but no parts.

When I use the position button to move the part to the origin, nothing changes. When I try just clicking the green check mark, nothing changes. No entities or solids show up in the levels or solids menu.

Had a friend on another computer go through the same steps above it and worked fine. Do the steps seem right to you? Do you know what could be causing the issue?

Ryans part 1inch side.SLDPRT

Like zachlancy says, it might be due to your trying to open the file into a version of MC that does not support that version of SW.

What version of MC are you running? Do you know what version of SW the file came from?

What happens when you try File/Open?

Are you using the default settings in Configuration/Converters?

Edited by Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc.
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, zachlancy said:

I may be wrong but for myself in the past if the SW was from a newer version year than the MC year it would do this. You can just save as a step file and import to MC. Works for parts and assemblies. Or you might try the Mastercam Direct addon tool in SW if its available. 

Saving it as a step file worked perfectly! Thanks!