Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3+2 AUTO

cncasylum

One toolpath keeping the tool face cutting is what you are asking for? Or are you asking for a way to do this without needing to create planes on each face to do it?

No worries on the labels just glad to see some sweat equity. Curve 5 Axis will allow you to machine each face without creating planes for each face, but as one operation going to get some wonky results. With any 5 Axis toolpath trying to cut flat faces like you are doing might could be done, but just don't think the results would be what you looking for.

I have never used contour like that to face the top of the part. That is pretty slick way of using that toolpath.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I have never used contour like that to face the top of the part. That is pretty slick way of using that toolpath.

Thanks for the compliment. When zig zag got added ( or i noticed) in 2020-21 ish it was a game changer for me . Turn on multi pass and keep tool down with or with out a fin pass (depending on what your trying). I used to make a rectangle just under my cutter diameter, over my centerline so i could utilize facing toolpaths  onepass , keep tool down.