Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform Rotate help

T_MALENA

OOPS the rest of the explanation didnt get copied.

So I have code to cut the part...just not the code I want.  My upcoming part is too large to machine "all" the face features with X & Y only. I need to machine face features(like a cbore) by positioning to C0 then cut X & Y  then position c-axis to 90 machine again with X&Y - repeat at C180 & C270  Thats all good. but like the above 1st pic, my cbores are at C45, C135, C225 & C315 - if I program at C45 I'll run out of travel (on the larger part).

How do I get Mcam to rotate the part to C45 and then machine X & Y?  Then transform rotate that 90 deg 3 more times?

create a new plane at the angle that you want the C axis to rotate to

make the Z point out of the part the X point to the feature  

then do you toolpath

this will force the angle to rotate to "C0" and machine with the X and y without hitting limits

hope this helps

• Like 1
3 hours ago, T_MALENA said:

OOPS the rest of the explanation didnt get copied.

So I have code to cut the part...just not the code I want.  My upcoming part is too large to machine "all" the face features with X & Y only. I need to machine face features(like a cbore) by positioning to C0 then cut X & Y  then position c-axis to 90 machine again with X&Y - repeat at C180 & C270  Thats all good. but like the above 1st pic, my cbores are at C45, C135, C225 & C315 - if I program at C45 I'll run out of travel (on the larger part).

How do I get Mcam to rotate the part to C45 and then machine X & Y?  Then transform rotate that 90 deg 3 more times?

Yes been asking for more functionality with Transform with MT so hopefully this also gets added so you don't have to do what Ajmer posted up as a work around. 

Thanks Guys.  On my more complex part I created/rotated a plane to get the X&Y cuts. On the simpler part(pic above) I just copied the feature and rotated it all in the same plane.  I was actually hoping I was missing something and a couple check boxes and clicks I'd be good to go.   So hopefully the next release will have this added??

2 hours ago, T_MALENA said:

Thanks Guys.  On my more complex part I created/rotated a plane to get the X&Y cuts. On the simpler part(pic above) I just copied the feature and rotated it all in the same plane.  I was actually hoping I was missing something and a couple check boxes and clicks I'd be good to go.   So hopefully the next release will have this added??

Maybe 2024. I don't see it making it into 2023.