Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe stock setup seems much different than mill

sendithard

I'm 20 or so practice parts deep into the mill side, so I figured it was time to try my luck with the lathe.

I started my Mastercam brain-damage-learning curve career by creating a bounding box solid plus line geometry under its own 'level'(why in the world MC is using adobe illustrator type layers is beyond me).  

Then I gave up on the brain damage and just started importing my own stock model and using that.

I have not played around a lot yet with the lathe, but it does NOT seem to like you importing a stock model or creating a stock model prior to doing the wirefram thingy that everyone seems to be doing.  Is there a forced method whereby you must do this wirefram thingy with the lathe and you cannot simple import your own stock model with the lathe?

Mill vs lathe stock setup seem drastically different, it is not so in hsm works/fusion.

thanks as always.