Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drafting

• 1 month later...

I was wondering the same thing. The new default "OLF SimpleSansCJK OC" font, like much of the drafting in 2022 is worse than it was. With this font the decimal point is a dot, which becomes invisible if you print a drawing. 

I have the displeasure of having to do a lot of drafting in Mastercam and it seems that some things are not right in the 2022 version. I have noticed that when I change settings to make different dimensions, the settings don't stay the way I had them no matter what I answer to the prompt asking if I would like to retain the settings just for this session. It's very aggravating and time consuming to work with it like this. It was better in earlier versions and hopefully this will get fixed.

Some of the dimension schemes in metric config just will not change under any circumstance. I can change it, save it, exit out of the config then go right back in and its reset back to default. It's been this way since 2019.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, gms1 said:

Some of the dimension schemes in metric config just will not change under any circumstance. I can change it, save it, exit out of the config then go right back in and its reset back to default. It's been this way since 2019.

The main thing I change in settings is hiding one leader and witness line to dimension one side of a turning profile of a large diameter part. I skipped from 2020 to 2022 and didn't seem to be having a problem in 2020. I suppose not many users do much drafting in Mastercam so it may be a while before it gets fixed. I'm looking forward to getting Solidworks so hopefully it won't be an issue for me much longer.