Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire EDM question

I just wanted to toss this question out in the off hand chance someone has run into this. Our Charmilles robofill (wire machine) just recently has been infected with bacteria. It was a horrendous problem in getting it all cleaned out.  I would like to be able to test the water from time to time against this happening again.   Does anyone have experience with this and where I could get a test kit of some kind to test the water? I could just ask Charmilles but they put you in a 3 week holding pattern! Most of the web sites point to getting kits for drinking water purity but I think this would be different? Would appreciate any ideas.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:28 PM, danatoem said:

I just wanted to toss this question out in the off hand chance someone has run into this. Our Charmilles robofill (wire machine) just recently has been infected with bacteria. It was a horrendous problem in getting it all cleaned out.  I would like to be able to test the water from time to time against this happening again.   Does anyone have experience with this and where I could get a test kit of some kind to test the water? I could just ask Charmilles but they put you in a 3 week holding pattern! Most of the web sites point to getting kits for drinking water purity but I think this would be different? Would appreciate any ideas.

What about the possibility of adding your own system to kill the bacteria? UVC Light does a great job of that. If you've got water flowing through hoses, see if you can add an inline UVC Light Source.

https://ultraviolet.com/uv-water-purification/

You should get a Megatron! Not because that is actually sized for your application (it is probably way to big), but just for the coolness factor of being able to say "I have a Megatron". (Sorry, I grew up watching the Transformers cartoons!)

No, but seriously, there has got to be a solution on that page that would be right-sized for your equipment. Bio-Logic, Ultimate, or Mighty-Pure? Check out that Infinity System! (Would be great if you had 1,000 EDMs! or were trying to disinfect a whale tank!)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2022 at 12:43 AM, meatychips said:

You're going to want to implement a UV light on the dirty tank and potentially an ozone injector in line with the return to your filters.  

Careful with the ozone though as I believe it can be quite corrosive in some situations. Not an expert but do your home work.