Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The value of the string select selection variable is out of range

When finish de post process the NC Program is OK, but It show me the errors that are above with the respective line:

PST(812)- The value of the string select selection variable is out of range:3
pcantxt1, pbld, n$,"G38", pccomp, p_decalaje, e$, n$ , sgabsinc, *sg20code, pwtcode,pfxout, pfyout, pctype, pwtout, pfrout, strcantext, e$

PST(822)- The value of the string select selection variable is out of range:3
pcantxt1, pbld, n$, sgabsinc, *sg20code, pwtcode,pfxout, pfyout, pctype, pwtout, pfrout, strcantext, e$

PST(1148)- The value of the string select selection variable is out of range:3
pcantxt1, pbld, n$, sgabsinc, pccomp, *sg20code, pwtcode, pfxout, pfyout, pzout, parc, pctype, pwtout, pfrout, strcantext, e$

PST(817)- The value of the string select selection variable is out of range:3
pcantxt1, pbld, n$, sgabsinc, *sg20code, pwtcode,pfxout, pfyout, pctype, pwtout, pfrout, strcantext, e$

I dont know what selection table is not correct. If the operation are of a older version I have the error, but If I make again the operation no errors apears.

Even If I select the new version of pst the errors are there. Only when I make new operations are no errors

Thanks for your help.

UNA.err.txt

46 minutes ago, eltklas said:

You first need to determine which of the above outputs are referencing a string selection.
Then you could add another item to that string select table, post process a toolpath that you know should generate the errors and see what happens.
(Make the new string added to the string select table something unique that will be obvious if you see it in the NC output if that new string is output.)
Without the PST file my first guess would be to look at what is occurring for these items -
*sg20code
pwtcode
pctype
If the issue is not one of these, you will need to look at the others.

• Like 1

Usually > this points to an Operation Setting. Typically > your Operation has a "default value" or "user override setting", in one of the Miscellaneous Integers in your Operation.

Post Processors are setup to use this Misc. Integers or Misc. Real Numbers (Decimal Number), to control the output of the Post Processor.

It is possible you've switched Post Processors in your File, and one Post had a different set of Default values, or someone has changed the settings in the Operations themselves.

Post your Ops, one-at-a-time, and see if you the error.

Look in the Miscellaneous Values page/tab/button (depending on Operation Type), to correct the erroneous value.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1