Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam crashing

Yoga

13 hours ago, JeremyV said:

Would it be possible mcam 2022 is crashing on us due to too much solid models within a program?  we currently only have 2gb vram and i want us to get these upgraded to 8gb...

To test use un-shading and will see the wireframe of the solids and change the resolution to a crazy number like .5" or 12mm and see if it crashes. If not then shade the screen and see if the crash happens if it does then there is the proof you need.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, JeremyV said:

Would it be possible mcam 2022 is crashing on us due to too much solid models within a program?  we currently only have 2gb vram and i want us to get these upgraded to 8gb...

Something I see all the time is people "reusing" Tooling Component Solids in their Mastercam Files. They Import, Move, and Save those models, and then continually move/copy/rotate these models.

All Solid Models (even those without "operation history"), keep track of the transformations "behind the scenes".

After you import Solid Geometry into your Mastercam File, (Especially when using Merge), use the "No History" command, on all your solid bodies, after you've moved them into position.

I also like to run "Optimize" on all solid geometry that I've imported into Mastercam. You'd be surprised how much "overhead data" you can eliminate by using these two functions.

For Fixture Plates, Etc., I like to get rid of any extra holes/features, whenever possible. I will typically keep a "featured" model on a separate level, but then will go and "Remove Features" on models which I'm bringing into Verify or Machine Simulation. You want the "outside skin" of vises, fixtures, riser blocks, etc., but having an "internally modeled feature" just creates more computational overhead.

This is probably not related to your specific issue, but removing Solid History can really help streamline your files, and get rid of computational bloat.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3