Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAZAK I-600

I am programming a Variaxis i-600 it has the tool touch off sensor that comes out of the wall. As of now you have to home out A and C to do a tool break detect when in run mode. Just wondering if anyone knows the parameter to shut that off. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, Bama said:

I am programming a Variaxis i-600 it has the tool touch off sensor that comes out of the wall. As of now you have to home out A and C to do a tool break detect when in run mode. Just wondering if anyone knows the parameter to shut that off. 

I could be mistaken, but I think you just have to turn off the safety shield.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with John & Frozen. We will turn off the safety shield, using the buttons on the control, if needed for some reason. But the Safety shied will reset automatically, which is exactly what we want.

I can't think of any reason for permanently disabling it.

On a side note, the tool plunger arm macro wants the rotary axes to be homed before deployment.

• 1 month later...

The machine I have this on has a 5th Axis Tombstone on it and I know that the tool setter will not intefere at any point with that so I dont have to worry about that. And it takes time to home everything out touch tool off change tool then rotate everything back to where you were when it could have stayed there and been ready to roll after tool change. I am in charge of programming two of these machines and both have the Tombstone system on them one machine will already touch tool off like that but the other I have to rotate. 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:46 AM, Bama said:

The machine I have this on has a 5th Axis Tombstone on it and I know that the tool setter will not intefere at any point with that so I dont have to worry about that. And it takes time to home everything out touch tool off change tool then rotate everything back to where you were when it could have stayed there and been ready to roll after tool change. I am in charge of programming two of these machines and both have the Tombstone system on them one machine will already touch tool off like that but the other I have to rotate. 

Then get a hold of applications like I said in the very beginning and sign your life away releasing them from any liability should this crash the machine and tear something up. Then I am sure they will do what you are asking. 

Not trying to be a DxxK but if you dont know just hey man I dont know and move on! Not really wanting an opinion just a answer if someone has it. And if it crashes then I will take full responsibility for it but im pretty sure with the size of this table and how far away from everything the tool setter is I will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Bama said:

Not trying to be a DxxK but if you dont know just hey man I dont know and move on! Not really wanting an opinion just a answer if someone has it. And if it crashes then I will take full responsibility for it but im pretty sure with the size of this table and how far away from everything the tool setter is I will be fine. 

Fine I will keep that in mind. Personally seeing 5 different machines crashed doing exactly what you are trying to do I was trying to be helpful, but I can see that is not welcomed.