Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how can I get the defaults to come in by default?

Seedy steve

1 hour ago, Seedy steve said:

I need my W to hang out all the time to clear the collision zone in misc. values

so I am constantly repairing my tool paths, going back to push this "set to op defaults" button.

what good is the default if you have to keep calling it up manually?😓

mc 2020 now

"Defaults" can come from 2 places. From the "Post Text Settings" (these are the values that are saved at the bottom of the Post as Text Strings). You set these using the Control Definition.

However, you've also got "Operation Defaults", where you have "default settings for an Operation Type". So, for Drill, for Contour, for 2D Dynamic, for every toolpath, there are default settings.

To really edit the Defaults File Properly, you've got to do a couple of things >  to this file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Shared Mastercam 2022\mill\Ops\Mill_Inch.mcam-defaults

1. First, you've got to make sure the Control Definition "Misc. Values" defaults are set. These are the actual default numbers for Mi1$-Mi10$, and mr1$-mr10$.
  2. Next, you make a backup copy of your Operation Defaults File.
  3. Then, rename the File Extension, from ".mcam-defaults" to "Mill_Inch.mcam". (This changes the file into a "regular old Mastercam File".)
  4. Now, open the renamed file extension file, in Mastercam.
  5. Go and do a "Replace" on the Machine Definition. Be sure to load "your Machine Definition File", so the strings show up properly.
  6. Now, go edit each of the Operations in this File. Set all of your Defaults. Not just Misc. Values (but of course set these), but Coolant, and all other "basic defaults" for Operations.
  7. When you are done, save the file, as normal, and then do "File > New". This will unload the file from Memory.
  8. Now, rename the File Extension to "Mill_Inch.mcam-defaults".

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1