Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Separate Z rapid move at tool repeat

I have a question. Is there a method to separate the rapid movement of Z that is next to the X and Y coordinates on the same line? this occurs when using the same tool but different retracts on two toolpaths.
example

G2 X50. Y-20.5 I-10.5 J0.
G1 X-50.
G2 X-60.5 Y-10. I0. J10.5
G1 Y10.
G2 X-50. Y20.5 I10.5 J0.
G1 X0.
G3 X3. Y23.5 I0. J3.
G1 Y27.5
G0 Z100. <====== end of first operation
X-63.65 Y3.698 Z20. <====== start of second operation
Z10.
G1 Z1. F5000.
X63.65 F1458.
G0 Z10.
X-63.65 Y-3.698

I would like to separate the Z20. and place it on an independent line so that the movement is not the 3 simultaneous axes.. like this:

G2 X50. Y-20.5 I-10.5 J0.
G1 X-50.
G2 X-60.5 Y-10. I0. J10.5
G1 Y10.
G2 X-50. Y20.5 I10.5 J0.
G1 X0.
G3 X3. Y23.5 I0. J3.
G1 Y27.5
G0 Z100. <====== end of first operation
X-63.65 Y3.698 <====== start of second operation
Z20. <====== second operation retraction
Z10.
G1 Z1. F5000.
X63.65 F1458.
G0 Z10.
X-63.65 Y-3.698

Thanks in advance

I hope it's clear

Best to get a hold of your Mastercam dealer since in my opinion this is a very specific request. Possible yes, but would need a sample file in a Z2G with the post with about 20-30 different operation to give conditions used to make sure the post is doing it in a way that is not going to give problems else where. Even then it would be a use at your own risk.

Ref Points in Operation might do exactly what you are asking for. Have you tried using them?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Best to get a hold of your Mastercam dealer since in my opinion this is a very specific request. Possible yes, but would need a sample file in a Z2G with the post with about 20-30 different operation to give conditions used to make sure the post is doing it in a way that is not going to give problems else where. Even then it would be a use at your own risk.

Ref Points in Operation might do exactly what you are asking for. Have you tried using them?

yes exactly ref points is an effective way to correct that problem.. I really hadn't tried it.. you're a genius thanks!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, David Colin said:

These option buttons in CD set nobrk$ variable value (and nobrkxz$, nobrkyz$) .

Check in your pst file if these variables are not overwritten.

If anyone using an older post just updated through the years then it will not have them because they were added after the post was created.