Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMaster, HMC and TWP

JB7280

38 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

I am working on an HMC that has TWP, and we are using a lightly modified MPMaster post for it.  Will we need a new post to make use of the TWP, or can the MPMaster be easily modified to work?

G68.2 > Tilted Work Plane, has got some of the most complex linear algebra (matrix math) of any function. You're best bet is to contact In-House Solutions (developers of MPMaster), and have them quote the TWP additions.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

G68.2 > Tilted Work Plane, has got some of the most complex linear algebra (matrix math) of any function. You're best bet is to contact In-House Solutions (developers of MPMaster), and have them quote the TWP additions.

Man there is must be an echo I was just telling a customer a few weeks ago they needed to do this in the Mid West and then they thought I was crazy.

16 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Thank you, I'll do that.  I didn't know if it was something already hidden in MPMaster somewhere.  

18 hours ago, JB7280 said:

Thank you, I'll do that.  I didn't know if it was something already hidden in MPMaster somewhere.  

No, it seems like all the Dynamic Codes > DWO, WSEC, TCPC, & TWP, are not present in any of the "free Post Processors". Those functions are essentially "locked behind the Reseller Paywall", so you've got to purchase a Post, or be really good at computer coding and mathematics, to "figure out how to add that code yourself".

To top it all off > the TWP function is setup and controlled by Machine Parameters, and those are likely based on the knowledge and personal preferences of whomever is setting up the function on your machine. We're talking 150-200ish Parameters, which are all intertwined, and can affect how the NC Code is interpreted.

Are you using High-Speed (AICC or AICC II) codes? 1000 Block Look-Ahead (G05 P10000)? Cutter Compensation? Tool Length Compensation? All of those codes have a specific "nesting relationship" with TWP, where you have to either turn them "on/off" outside of the TWP Commands (G68.2/G69) or inside those commands, in a specific nesting order.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

No, it seems like all the Dynamic Codes > DWO, WSEC, TCPC, & TWP, are not present in any of the "free Post Processors". Those functions are essentially "locked behind the Reseller Paywall", so you've got to purchase a Post, or be really good at computer coding and mathematics, to "figure out how to add that code yourself".

To top it all off > the TWP function is setup and controlled by Machine Parameters, and those are likely based on the knowledge and personal preferences of whomever is setting up the function on your machine. We're talking 150-200ish Parameters, which are all intertwined, and can affect how the NC Code is interpreted.

Are you using High-Speed (AICC or AICC II) codes? 1000 Block Look-Ahead (G05 P10000)? Cutter Compensation? Tool Length Compensation? All of those codes have a specific "nesting relationship" with TWP, where you have to either turn them "on/off" outside of the TWP Commands (G68.2/G69) or inside those commands, in a specific nesting order.

Sounds like something better left to the professionals.  I've never purchases a custom post and I know there's a few providers out there.  Would IHS be the go-to on something like this?

IHS would be my top choice, but it somewhat depends on your particular Reseller, if the Reseller has "their own Post Developers", and personal preference. I would get the work quoted from In-House Solutions, and also from Postability, and go with whichever vendor you like better. Both of those 3rd Party Developers will insist on working through your local Mastercam Reseller, so that will be part of the equation. But I would reach out first to In-House, to get the ball rolling. Rather than going to your Reseller and saying "hey, I need a custom Post", I find it works better if you can contact them and say "hey, I want to by an In-House Post", so they don't get any ideas of trying to do it themselves.

(I was going to say "so they don't try to do it in-house", but that's just muddying the waters...)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...