Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

backplotting toolpaths

aaron tabor

1 minute ago, aaron tabor said:

Is it necessary to backplot your toolpaths if you use verify and simulate the cutting operations?

I like to use backplot as a quick check that I'm getting what I want...I use verify & simulate when I'm done to see the entire process

Also, with Backplot, you've got the "quick verify feature", where you can see a "2D area plot", of where the tool tip has traveled. 

The other thing with Backplot, you can "expand the floating box, with the double down arrow button, and see the XYZ Positions, of each "move in the NC Code", plus Feed/Speed info, and "toolpath time", under the info tab.

I use the "estimated time", in order to judge "did my improvements to the path make it more or less efficient from the initial baseline"?

I'm with Gcode & Jparis, I typically use Backplot the majority of the time I'm programming paths, as a "quick check", and I don't actually run Verify/Simulation, until the process is much more mature. (Until I've got most of the part programmed.)

2 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Also, with Backplot, you've got the "quick verify feature", where you can see a "2D area plot", of where the tool tip has traveled. 

The other thing with Backplot, you can "expand the floating box, with the double down arrow button, and see the XYZ Positions, of each "move in the NC Code", plus Feed/Speed info, and "toolpath time", under the info tab.

I use the "estimated time", in order to judge "did my improvements to the path make it more or less efficient from the initial baseline"?

I'm with Gcode & Jparis, I typically use Backplot the majority of the time I'm programming paths, as a "quick check", and I don't actually run Verify/Simulation, until the process is much more mature. (Until I've got most of the part programmed.)

On 95% of what I do I quit using Mastercam Verify and use CAV and call it day. My issue is even with my 10X better system than what is required I get the Verify will not run error and crash Verify. One of the most frustrating things is having a system that top notch and it cannot even Verify the parts half the time. X9 is the last version I can think of that I could verify my parts with no issues on this system.

Echoing the others I always use backplot for programming.

• Like 1

On 95% of what I do I quit using Mastercam Verify and use CAV and call it day. My issue is even with my 10X better system than what is required I get the Verify will not run error and crash Verify. One of the most frustrating things is having a system that top notch and it cannot even Verify the parts half the time. X9 is the last version I can think of that I could verify my parts with no issues on this system.

Echoing the others I always use backplot for programming.

I echo others on the use of backplot and Ron on the use of CAV. 50/50 shot I can even run a part here through Verify without crashing or errored out custom tool. 

Mike 

• Like 2