Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bosslaser

Does anyone have one of these?

My company just purchased one, that's supposed to hit our floor in 11 weeks. The salesman said their technical support is too busy to answer our questions on how to integrate MC with the machine, so I'm writing an email with our questions, that he'll forward to them and they'll answer "when they have a free minute, here and there".

I'm hoping that someone on here might have some input.

As I understand it, the machine uses DXF files to operate, and different colors are used to assign different operations & settings (basically the laser wattage & travel speed).

What I'm wondering is if we set the colors in MC & save the file as a DXF, will the LightBurn software see those assigned colors?

Also, on the machine side, can we assign default values, to certain colors?

Any other information that might ease our entry into this new field for us.

TIA

• Like 1

Cant help with this particular problem but geeze if I got this response from the sales guy I might just cancel my order:

5 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

The salesman said their technical support is too busy to answer our questions on how to integrate MC with the machine, so I'm writing an email with our questions, that he'll forward to them and they'll answer "when they have a free minute, here and there".

That right there is a big red flag to me.

Hope you figure it out!

I bought a boss laser about a year ago. I also bought the light burn soft ware.

Watch a couple YouTube tutorials on how it works and you'll be up and running. It is braindead simple. I draw my geometry in mastercam as a dxf and then import that into lightburn.

My biggest complaint are the stepper motors. Going from the CNC world with servos to a machine stepper motors was a shock. It's amazing how bad they overshoot if you go too fast. 

Also, the machine does NOT use dxf files. It uses a differnet file type that has the feed and speed imbedded into it. Use light burn to apply the feeds and speeds. 

• Thanks 1