Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

need help (multiaxis essentials tutorial)

aaron tabor

13 minutes ago, aaron tabor said:

Im trying to create a tool path to cut some letters for a multi-axis tutorial and instead of cutting from the top its cutting underneath the part.  I have the wcs plane set to top but even though it is the part is being cut from the bottom I included the file of the part im working on.

TUTORIAL 5 with toolpaths.emcam

on your tool axis control page you have chosen "to point", where it appears the proper choice is "from point"

alternatively you can choose Surface for your Tool axis control setting, and then you can simply select the surface. 

also if your in need of some more tutorials the tutorials that this person has created are very good in my opinion if you ever would like to look over some more tutorials  https://www.youtube.com/c/ASPEAeroSpacePrecisionEngineering

If you are using a ModuleWorks advanced toolpath, you need to be aware on which side of your surface is Normal

In your View tab, make sure Backside is enabled

That will make one side of your drive surface a pale green and the other side whatever color you have selected for the surface

The pale green face should be away from your tool and your color should be facing the tool

If its not open the Surfaces tab.. find Normals on the far left and hit Change

If you are using a legacy project toolpath, none of this applies as legacy 5X toolpaths do not care about surface normals

36 minutes ago, JoshC said:

on your tool axis control page you have chosen "to point", where it appears the proper choice is "from point"

alternatively you can choose Surface for your Tool axis control setting, and then you can simply select the surface. 

also if your in need of some more tutorials the tutorials that this person has created are very good in my opinion if you ever would like to look over some more tutorials  https://www.youtube.com/c/ASPEAeroSpacePrecisionEngineering

I actually found another site that is a partner of mastercam called caminstructor that has online lessons you can sign up for and tutorial books just like the mastercam tutorial books.

• Like 2
Just now, aaron tabor said:

I actually found another site that is a partner of mastercam called caminstructor that has online lessons you can sign up for and tutorial books just like the mastercam tutorial books.

they have great training