Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Flowline

Makasha

Rekd's Questions plus these.

I can think of 20 different ways and methods to rough it.

What Machine? What Control? What Options?

What quantity? Are their daily, weekly or monthly requirements?

What is the Work Holding?

What is the Starting Stock?

What is the taper of the machine?

What is your current Tooling system? Shrink? Weldon? Hydraulic? ER-Collet?

Does the machine have TSP? What Pressure?

Planning on Probing?

What are the finishing requirements?

What are the tolerances?

Again where people keep saying they have automated this process and are doing parts 90% faster than anyone else, but when I see it I will believe it.

Here are the words on one such company to me when I was trying to help them with a project.

Nothing was ever shot down. Ron I'm sorry that my suggestions felt like criticism.  They weren't intended that way.

Good luck being the lonely unrecognized genius who has to deal with morons like me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Rekd's Questions plus these.

I can think of 20 different ways and methods to rough it.

What Machine? What Control? What Options?

What quantity? Are their daily, weekly or monthly requirements?

What is the Work Holding?

What is the Starting Stock?

What is the taper of the machine?

What is your current Tooling system? Shrink? Weldon? Hydraulic? ER-Collet?

Does the machine have TSP? What Pressure?

Planning on Probing?

What are the finishing requirements?

What are the tolerances?

Again where people keep saying they have automated this process and are doing parts 90% faster than anyone else, but when I see it I will believe it.

Here are the words on one such company to me when I was trying to help them with a project.

machine is hyundai 650, control is fanuc, and i need to make one off using mastercam 2021.

i need the operation i could use to rough the radius before i finish it with surface flowline.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:39 PM, Makasha said:

i need the operation i could use to rough the radius before i finish it with surface flowline.

What toolpaths have you tried to rough it with? What material? What type of tools do you have available?

Post a legitimate Mastercam file with your set up and some attempts to rough it and I am sure you will get lots of suggestions. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

3D > Optirough, for roughing basically any 3D Shape.

my fav as well is opti-rough

the reason your gettign so many questions on tooling, etc. is because many of us have different toolpath choices depending on the tooling being used, for example i would likely use a optirough for a solid carbide roughing tool and might choose 3d area roughing for an insertable cutter. Just like i might not choose Dynamic for a machine with low amounts of memory or might exclusively choose Dynamic on a low horsepower machine. So tooling, materials, machine capabilities all effect our decisions on toolpaths as programmers which is why so many people area asking you all those questions before they answer what is best

• Like 2