Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Probing and Haas post

Rstewart

What's up guys,

So we've purchased the cimco probing package and it's great, really saves time from writing macros at the machine.  

We've received a haas 3/4 axis post to use that will work with the probing add-on from our MasterCam reseller.  I've always used Mpmaster and just dabbled in modifying posts over the years.  I do not agree with how this post is outputting code for the probing routines - It doesn't limit block look-ahead with a G103 at all...  This post does have the haas G187 P and "E" values in the Misc. values page, which is nice.  

Unfortunately, if you select the checkbox "automatically set to post values" you get a G187 code in your probing routines - No good IMHO.

Is there an easy-ish way to fix, or better these issues.  I can ask my reseller, but I'm doubting they are willing to fix this, I mean they did supply the post and stated it was good to go.

I'd just send the questions to your reseller. CIMCO probing, when we did testing, came with the modified haas 3/4 axis post directly from them and it was 100% plug and play. I'd be very surprised if there were suddenly any issues with posted output. If your reseller used their own post and added CIMCO probing routines, (which is not a big deal to add into a post,) then maybe there are some slight tweaks to be made. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

I'd just send the questions to your reseller. CIMCO probing, when we did testing, came with the modified haas 3/4 axis post directly from them and it was 100% plug and play. I'd be very surprised if there were suddenly any issues with posted output. If your reseller used their own post and added CIMCO probing routines, (which is not a big deal to add into a post,) then maybe there are some slight tweaks to be made. 

I have reached out and they are working it.  In all reality I'd just like to incorporate the CIMCO and the HAAS machining modes  (G187 modes) into my current Mpmaster post...

I will be happy to report that my Reseller has been very responsive to my requests.  He is working on it and I'm sure they'll make it right.  Just wanted to say this as most of the time you only hear negative press "reviews".  I like to report the good a company is doing.

• Like 1

@Rstweart - The Renishaw Macros will have the G103P1 inside of the macro as you can see in my screenshot.

With this being the case, whenever CIMCO Probing calls up that macro, it right away limit the look ahead and would be redundant in my opinion.

Here are two examples - one is in the 9810 (Protected positioning moves) & a standard measurement cycle such as 9814 (Bore/Boss cycle). Hope this helps!

Renishaw G103P1 Call out1.jpg

Renishaw G103P1 Call out.jpg

• Like 5