Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can someone guide me on using table tool height probe with MAtrix Mazak controller?

New to Mazak (HOLY COWS) and want to get a tool height saved using the OTS probe on a riser off the table. I can navigate the control a little bit but all the tool data screens do not seem to have ANY probing info for touching the tool off the OTS probe. Machine is a 2011 with Matrix control.

Wish I had a parameter book. So if I want to set a tool height using the OTS I run that function to go touch the OTS from the Parameters? Isnt it an automated function like Haas?

I just want to touch off my tools

Been years, but I think you can do it through the MDI and only see it when in MDI.

Every Mazak facility I have ever dealt with has always been helpful when I have called them and asked for help.

All the manuals for the machine are in the windows side of the machine for every Mazak I have run or help customers with in the last 25+ years. 

Appreciate the guidance. Looks like someone may have deleted any help files from windows. We are also getting a 21 error on start up that happens a lot. (Bad drive I suppose) and a 1443 backup incomplete (Possible full backup, although flash drive is missing)

19 hours ago, BTA said:

Appreciate the guidance. Looks like someone may have deleted any help files from windows. We are also getting a 21 error on start up that happens a lot. (Bad drive I suppose) and a 1443 backup incomplete (Possible full backup, although flash drive is missing)

Mazak's will not allow that. That have a fail safe process hard coded in them that even if someone does do that it will automatically rewrite them. I would get on the phone with Mazak and have them come check out the machine.

On 5/4/2022 at 12:46 PM, BTA said:

Which controller do you have? Our Matrix & SmoothX controls display the "TOOL MSR AUTO" button whenever the MDI button is pressed.

Are all of the Renishaw 9000 programs loaded?