Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread milling comp error with tilted B axis in 5 axis drill.

Hello all,

I've run into an issue with a comp error while thread milling on an angle (B axis ) using the 5axis drill ( Siemens 840 D).  I have no problem making a tool plane  and positioning in cycle 800.  When b axis is tilted in 5 axis mode it uses TraoriCut3dc active also),  Seems to be when leaving the helix at the end on the pass, not at the g40 line.    I'd like to save time by doing more feature in 5 axis mode.  Any suggestions?

The problem has 3 components; 1)toolpath tolerance, 2) size of internal radii size relative to tool diameter, and 3) amount of comp you are trying to use.

1) When the toolpath tolerance is too tight it can create cutter comp interference on internal features because the moves are too small.

2) Tool size that is too close to the size of an internal feature can create cutter gives cutter comp no place to go.

3) typically you can only comp a max of your linear lead-in move.

HTH

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the guidance!  I did manage to communicate with our awesome reseller, and was able to hone in a little.  

I ran a sample path above a finished part with no alarms.  The solution looks like this.   Perpendicular entry activated and every else off, entry/exit clearance and line @ 0.  That simple👍. Thank you!

• Like 1