Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Curve All Edges Has Stopped Working

Bill H

Ok, now I'm really baffled.  Yesterday the Curve All Edges command worked fine.  Today it's dead.  I can select the geometry, but clicking the green checkmark does nothing - no response at all.  Likewise, the Help question mark and the red X to close the command also do nothing.  The blue checkmark is grayed out.  Hitting escape is the only way out.  I've tried different MC files where the command previously worked and I've tried creating new files from various SolidWorks and STEP files, but the behavior is the same.  What happened overnight?  How do I fix this??

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm working in MC 2002.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, Bill H said:

Ok, now I'm really baffled.  Yesterday the Curve All Edges command worked fine.  Today it's dead.  I can select the geometry, but clicking the green checkmark does nothing - no response at all.  Likewise, the Help question mark and the red X to close the command also do nothing.  The blue checkmark is grayed out.  Hitting escape is the only way out.  I've tried different MC files where the command previously worked and I've tried creating new files from various SolidWorks and STEP files, but the behavior is the same.  What happened overnight?  How do I fix this??

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm working in MC 2002.

Yeah, I've noticed this in 2022 too. It's got more features, but it's pretty darn buggy. I usually have to restart my PC to get it working properly again.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:26 PM, Bill H said:

I've tried different MC files where the command previously worked and I've tried creating new files from various SolidWorks and STEP files, but the behavior is the same.  What happened overnight?  How do I fix this??

are you sure you are creating solids and not surfaces??

2 hours ago, gcode said:

are you sure you are creating solids and not surfaces

This happens in more than just the "Curve all edges" dialog. Another one that has happened fairly often is the "Create bounding box" dialog will lock up (the fields don't update properly, or at all). There have been one or two others, but which ones my memory fails me on right now.