Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems using call oo88 okuma mu4000

lowcountrycamo

For that machine why would you set your main WCS to something other than B0C0? CALLOO88 is a transformation from your base Workoffset to a new position with new angles. You are telling the machine to do the math and transform the code to use that place for all values given by the post. This is where you have a Datum structure call out at that angle at a different face and want the NC doe to coem form there for the X-Y-Z output and not from the base WCS. You still have to use the BASE WCS for reference. If you have the WCS the same as the Place you are shifting everything to then you are telling Mastercam you don't want those angles and you want everything to be B0C0.

1 hour ago, lowcountrycamo said:

I am cutting a casting and need to probe a hole that cannot be reached at b0c0.  I need to go another direction I think  Thanks for you input

You should be able to do that with B0C0 WCS and then the feature at the correct plane calling the CALLOO88 with your post. The post might have a switch to not use the T-PLANE values and use the WCS values why you are not getting the output like you  expect. I have a DMU65 I am posting code for that I was the CYCEL800 rotations from the main WCS, but I don't want the XYZ values from it. I have changed the switch to not use the WCS for them, but it still gives me the angles for the rotation. In this case I have setup 3 parts on the table and I am rotating the 3 Workoffsets and programming all the different 5 Axis features from each WCS using the T-C Planes associated to that workoffset, but the main WCS has to be on the center of the table to get the mapping to be correct. The main issue is I really need 2 methods to get the output I am looking for. I do want all the other associated planes to be from each Workoffset Coordinate system. I want the CYCLE800 for drilling to be associated to each of those Workoffsets and not back to the Main WCS and give me the XYZ coordinates for them. I need another switched added to the post to control outputting behavior based off of what I need. I have some testing to do at the machine, but I have done this on a DMU80 FD and after we got Vericut to match then everyone quit thinking I was crazy.

I would do everything based at B0C0, to shift it in I would just probe starting from a base "0" offset at B0C0,  use CALL OO88 to generate a base offset, and then probe @B-90 C180 and use probing errors from nominal to shift the main work shift in B0C0, then call OO88 from there.  Being on B-90 C180, there isn't any need for rotation center shift info.

If I have it right....

X error will shift Z  (+X translates to -Z) 

Y error will shift Y (+Y translates to -Y)

Z error will shift X (+Z translates to -X)

Best of luck, no need to get fancy.

You can always update the base B0C0 offset and probe again if you don't trust it.  Errors should read close to zero if done properly (won't be perfect as I am assuming it is a cast hole you are probing).

If for some reason you had to probe at a non-orthoganal plane, you could still do the same, but you would have to generate your base X,Y,Z shifts with a little vector math, not difficult, but at the same time would require putting pen to paper for a minute to make sure you get the math correct prior to writing the macro code. (rotation centers still do not come into play in this case as we are dealing with translational errors which are measured when rotation center compensation has already been applied.

Happy to help more if you are still stuck.  Though I will add I am a newb at Okuma macro code.