Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis Deburr Toolpath issues

My Multi Axis Deburr keeps making unexpected moves. At first it was really nice going around all the outside profile features then when it tried to deburr the hole(unnecessary since it's already spotted) and during the hole deburr it started to walk into the part. I tried excluding the edges of the hole but it just moved the gouge to another part of the program. Also I am getting that "vertical tool detected" error and I am not sure what to do with it when it prompts me so I hit enter and leave it at 0.0° which might be part of the problem. please help, I can provide a zip2go if you let me know where you would like it sent as it is too big to post here.

deburr.jpg

I believe so. First time I only selected the surfaces on the 5 sides of the part I could reach. But I believe something had happened and I ended up just selecting the whole solid...I can get you the zip2go if it helps just let me know where to send it....Or do you guys usually use some type of hosting site to store your larger files and then just post the link?

I wouldn't use Auto Detect. I would pick what I want deburred. You have direction Line, but no Line picked for the direction. What direction are you wanting? I picked what I wanted and it looks a lot cleaner. I also don't like the motion that created. I would break this up into sides and use a Line to tilt the tool 45 degrees to get better engagement for the part. The way the tool goes almost normal to Z going down a long wall is not good or what I would want to see for motion on a 5 Axis machine. I am still not sold on deburr. I like chamfering my model and driving it with a 5 axis toolpath to control everything through out the cut.

I did break it up into 2 sides into 2 operation only deburring them and use tilt lines for each side at a 45 degree angle and happy with the motion.

Here is the file changed in 2022. Sorry I don't have 2019 on this system anymore. Can download the HLE version and review in it.

It is a 2023 file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzp0jm90x11zznw/F%20UPPER%20CF%20REV%204_2022.mcam?dl=0

Edited by crazy^millman
Pictures removed to add space
  • Like 2

Awesome! I did not know about the line direction, I kind of just did the least possible and saw that it looked okay in verify. By the way I do have 2022 installed already I also saved my 2019 version of this as a 2022 version and thought that might have been the cause of some of the issues. Deburr is a fairly new toolpath option isn't it? I guess it might be like 5 axis drill where it can throw out some unwanted code if it's not setup in a perfect scenario. Thanks as always millman and to Rekd I am glad I figured out how to share on google drive today lol now I just need to figure out how to hyperlink on the forums correctly

12 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I wouldn't use Auto Detect. I would pick what I want deburred. You have direction Line, but no Line picked for the direction. What direction are you wanting? I picked what I wanted and it looks a lot cleaner. I also don't like the motion that created. I would break this up into sides and use a Line to tilt the tool 45 degrees to get better engagement for the part. The way the tool goes almost normal to Z going down a long wall is not good or what I would want to see for motion on a 5 Axis machine. I am still not sold on deburr. I like chamfering my model and driving it with a 5 axis toolpath to control everything through out the cut.

I did break it up into 2 sides into 2 operation only deburring them and use tilt lines for each side at a 45 degree angle and happy with the motion.

Here is the file changed in 2022. Sorry I don't have 2019 on this system anymore. Can download the HLE version and review in it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzp0jm90x11zznw/F%20UPPER%20CF%20REV%204_2022.mcam?dl=0

Why can't I open this in my 2022? I get the message "The part file cannot be loaded because it is from a newer release of Mastercam". I checked for updates and I'm at the latest version.

3 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Why can't I open this in my 2022? I get the message "The part file cannot be loaded because it is from a newer release of Mastercam". I checked for updates and I'm at the latest version.

Sorry I realized I open it in 2023 not 2022.

58 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Yeah the slow death of the forum when we don't have that freedom and choice.

It's odd that they completely revamped it with no heads up.

I mean, I'm grateful that IHS host it and have for so many years. And I figure it's theirs & they should be able to do with it what they want.

It just seems so random.