Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Small self-centering vises

Haas just sent an ad for this, for $800:

https://www.haascnc.com/haas-tooling/mill_workholding/vises/05-0013.html

I got a bunch of these for $60 each, and they seem just as good as the Lang's I'm used to:

https://www.robotdigg.com/product/1851/Self-centering-vise-electrode-fixture-Machining-Tool-8-55mm,-50-75mm

Are the jaws aluminum or steel? The description says 440C, but picture almost makes it look like they are aluminum. I would be curious to see how well they hold up, but at that price, they could be described as a "throw away" item, use them until they are beat to crap and then toss them. 

LeoC

1 hour ago, socalsurf said:

Are the jaws aluminum or steel? The description says 440C, but picture almost makes it look like they are aluminum. I would be curious to see how well they hold up, but at that price, they could be described as a "throw away" item, use them until they are beat to crap and then toss them. 

LeoC

The $60 ones I got are all steel.

I'm designing a 4th axis fixture to use the jaws and lead screws from six of them, in a common body with three on top and three on the bottom.  At this price it's cheaper to buy the vises and throw the bodies away than to make new jaws and screws.

10 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

The $60 ones I got are all steel.

I'm designing a 4th axis fixture to use the jaws and lead screws from six of them, in a common body with three on top and three on the bottom.  At this price it's cheaper to buy the vises and throw the bodies away than to make new jaws and screws.

I might get one of those for my house what do you just have to make an account and you can buy them?

I was wondering if the Chinese ones were any good, I have seen them on Alibaba and the like. I will order 3 or 4. Thanks for the feedback!

My issue is we are laser welding on our Hybrid systems. And I would rather not get a 1000 dollar vise up to 400 degrees.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Leon82 said:

I got one from Amazon. Shipping from robot dig was the same price. It looks pretty solid.  I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it is.

Do you have the link to what you ordered from Amazon? We would like to try a couple for a simple production job.

Thanks, LeoC

52 minutes ago, socalsurf said:

Do you have the link to what you ordered from Amazon? We would like to try a couple for a simple production job.

Thanks, LeoC

Futchoy 8-55MM/50mm-75mm Wire Control CNC Self-Centering Vise Precision Milling Machine Vise Clamp Electrode Fixture Machining Parts Tool Kit (8-55MM) https://a.co/d/aUbDfFy

I don't know why it didn't come as a link. But this is the Aisn number. 

B09PDHL7MP

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 3:29 PM, Leon82 said:

Futchoy 8-55MM/50mm-75mm Wire Control CNC Self-Centering Vise Precision Milling Machine Vise Clamp Electrode Fixture Machining Parts Tool Kit (8-55MM) https://a.co/d/aUbDfFy

I don't know why it didn't come as a link. But this is the Aisn number. 

B09PDHL7MP

That ability was removed with the last forum update. The laws have changed in Canada and In-House can be fined or have people jailed if certain things are allowed on their website. To play it safe they had to disable that ability.

• Thanks 1