Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help using/understanding stock model w/ backplot

ThickChips

Hi all.

I once thought I witnessed another programmer simulating real-time cutting inside the backplotter against some stock model, like you would see inside the simulator/verifier. 

Perhaps i'm dreaming. is this possible?

My second request is just to see if I can get some help with using the stock model feature to see machined stock after source ops. I select my solid model for stock, select source operations, but nothing happens? I was never able to get a stock model to work in mastercam and I know its something i'm missing.

Thanks a lot for your help. 

TEST STOCK MODEL.mcam

3 minutes ago, ThickChips said:

Hi all.

I once thought I witnessed another programmer simulating real-time cutting inside the backplotter against some stock model, like you would see inside the simulator/verifier. 

Perhaps i'm dreaming. is this possible?

My second request is just to see if I can get some help with using the stock model feature to see machined stock after source ops. I select my solid model for stock, select source operations, but nothing happens? I was never able to get a stock model to work in mastercam and I know its something i'm missing.

Thanks a lot for your help. 

TEST STOCK MODEL.mcam 883.78 kB · 1 download

You only had the top face of the model selected in your initial stock settings.

TEST STOCK MODEL.mcam

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Question 1:  Do you mean Quick Verify?

Question 2: A couple of little problems that are slipping you up. 

The first is your Stock Model is set to start from a model, but the model that you chose is only the top face of Op#1 so just select the entire model.

Second problem is that Level 1 was still visible, so it turn off level 1.

Edits:  Looks like JB780 beat me, and I can't embed images here anymore. . Two failures!

• Thanks 1

Ahh guys, I see! Dumb mistake. Thanks. I can now see the stock model after machining ops.

Question 2 still is up in the air. Perhaps I mean Quick Verify? Not sure what that feature is exactly. I just am wondering if inside mastercam (without the verifier simulator open), if I can physically see stock being removed from the model as the toolpaths are backplotted.

Thanks a lot

11 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Question 1:  Do you mean Quick Verify?

Question 2: A couple of little problems that are slipping you up. 

The first is your Stock Model is set to start from a model, but the model that you chose is only the top face of Op#1 so just select the entire model.

Second problem is that Level 1 was still visible, so it turn off level 1.

Edits:  Looks like JB780 beat me, and I can't embed images here anymore. . Two failures!

Aaron, I've gotta take a win when I get it!  You pro's have helped me so much on here, I figure I'll try to take care of the easy ones when I can! lol

3 minutes ago, ThickChips said:

Ahh guys, I see! Dumb mistake. Thanks. I can now see the stock model after machining ops.

Question 2 still is up in the air. Perhaps I mean Quick Verify? Not sure what that feature is exactly. I just am wondering if inside mastercam (without the verifier simulator open), if I can physically see stock being removed from the model as the toolpaths are backplotted.

Thanks a lot

Not that I've seen, but that doesn't mean there's not something I dunno about.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ThickChips said:

Thanks a lot

Not for the past, say, 10 years?   I believe until X7(?), Mastercam used the old verify engine which used to run in the graphics window.    As a 5 axis guy all of my life, I was only able to use it 2 or 3 times from the version I started in (V9).  It barely worked for multiaxis paths, constant crashes and took forever to verify.  It was faster to run on the machine!

• Thanks 1