Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2022 Step File issues

TMS

We got a second seat of Mastercam for the floor and it's not converting step files properly. Basically I was told to use our older version for conversion to Mastercam file then use it on the 2022 version. You would think that after all these years file conversion would be straight forward. I've been to to wait fot eh 2023 upgrade for the fix.

Anyone else having this issue?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, gcode said:

Is it creating surfaces instead of solids??

There is a setting for that. 

Check the settings at 

File/ Configuration/Converters

I moved this thread to the Industrial Forum where it will get more traffic

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

On 6/10/2022 at 7:45 AM, TMS said:

We got a second seat of Mastercam for the floor and it's not converting step files properly. Basically I was told to use our older version for conversion to Mastercam file then use it on the 2022 version. You would think that after all these years file conversion would be straight forward. I've been to to wait fot eh 2023 upgrade for the fix.

You have to tell us what "not properly" means. Are you getting an error? Is it not working at all? Solids instead of surfaces? The other way around? Computer lock up when you try?

• Like 1
On 6/10/2022 at 7:45 AM, TMS said:

Please feel free to send a file (or two) and a description of why you feel the models are not coming in properly to [email protected] and I can take a look.

• Like 1