Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation bugs

jesse_a_b

I am trying to configure the machine simulation, but Mastercam adds these weird trajectories at the end of each rotary operation and they create collisions with the part.

These moves are not present in the posted G-Code.

They are not in the backplot, the backplot movements are exactly what I want (second picture). If I run machine simulation backplot however, there's again different movements that create collisions.

In each operation there's linking parameters to simply retract 100mm.

Also it does the same at the end even if there's only one rotary operation.

I suspect that there's a problem with my planes, the configuration I used was the only one to get the part properly orientated on the table, the W, T and C are set to Right-side top.

test12.thumb.png.f51f26ea8776fbf40763e12e3482abf4.png

test13.png

Yes it's not linked to the post, but I was trying to figure out why Mastercam adds a bunch of random trajectories in the simulator that are nowhere in the operations or linking.

I was thinking about having the machine simulator behave as similar as possible to the post for now.

2 minutes ago, jesse_a_b said:

It appears that the simulator want to go back to the zero of the part between each operation for some reasons.

Yes why it has to be tied to a post or create dummy operations to not get the simulation to do such things. Then it defeats the purpose of going about using it to match what the posted code is if you have to create dummy operation to us it. Compared to CAV it is a fraction of the cost.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jesse_a_b said:

Even in the verify simulation, I get these return to the zero of the part between each rotary operation.

I can't find anywhere where this is specified, I don't know who to ask I can't find any documentation on this.

Are you sure you are doing this tutorial correctly? I have done this tutorial many times and it verifies fine and runs on my Machsim fine (although it is not tied to my post).

Rotary_Tutorial.png

• Like 1