Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

fixture idea

mirek1017

Actually I think you will need 4 set ups as that pocket is angled as well. To come up with some ideas you should post the PDF print so the tolerances can be seen.

It would be best to do it on a 5 axis machine. Locate on the 5/16" diameter holes in the bottom. Then you only need to counter bore that hole.

Do the largest side first. Then make a set of soft jaws to grab that shape put a tooling ball in the fixed jaw to pick up. Make a mirror set of jaws that allow you to grab that same large shape when flipped over and align the hole in the angle vice. Again put a tooling ball in the fixed jaw for pick up to do the back counterbore. Then machine the 2nd side. Put the vice on a angled plate at the angle needed for the feature. Make the jaws so when you put the part at the angle only one rotation angle is need. Let the jaws control the 2nd angle if it proves to be a compound angle. Now you have 4 setups, but can accurate grab and machine the part in a 3 Axis VMC. In a 4 or 5 axis machine with tabs could reduced to one setup depending on how you hold it with larger material.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mirek1017 said:

Good morning ,how I can calculate on mastercam something like this 

fixture rotate.jpg

Like what? Sorry, but your question is too vague and with so much going on with this picture hard to know exactly what you're trying to figure out. I put arrows and draw lines to anything on a print I have a question with for a customer. Please do the same and then maybe someone will be able to help you.

I am sorry Ron, when I am start this job I thought the one fixture with angle is not help me ,because you can see the packet is rotate 2 angles direction .But my ingenier  use some function on creo  and  he set up this part on angle plate and rotate .What option I cane use  for create the same on mastercam?

Inkedfixture rotate_LI.jpg

It looks like the engineer has already given you the angle you need.   Can you use his numbers to set your first angle?

You can do the same with mastercam by creating a vector in the hole or one of the corners of the pocket. I can't explain very well the process to do what you need so I'm not going to try. I do this all the time for compound angled holes that we have to set up on our angle plates.  I rotate our  vises to get the first angle and then tilt the table for the second.

When I'm lazy I just pull the file in to TopSolid and create a dummy drilling cycle and it will give you the rotations. I've never tried that in Mastercam but it would probably work the same.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, neurosis said:

It looks like the engineer has already given you the angle you need.   Can you use his numbers to set your first angle?

You can do the same with mastercam by creating a vector in the hole or one of the corners of the pocket. I can't explain very well the process to do what you need so I'm not going to try. I do this all the time for compound angled holes that we have to set up on our angle plates.  I rotate our  vises to get the first angle and then tilt the table for the second.

When I'm lazy I just pull the file in to TopSolid and create a dummy drilling cycle and it will give you the rotations. I've never tried that in Mastercam but it would probably work the same.

thank you ,yes I am use his file and I like to know how I can do the same on mastercam 

13 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

when I try crate new work offset from the solid face looks like masercam tilt part both  direction ,i am want find out haw I can tilt the part one derction and rotate other 

I usually create planes around the fixed geometry rather than rotating the part.  It's easier.

I would use your surfaces to create a solid

Then create a vector using the hole.

You can project that vector to a plane to get the number for your rotation angle, Or, just create a wcs using the projected vector.

Once  you have that rotation angle, the tilt angle is easy.

Project the vector to your new plane and check the tilt angle.

I know that I'm not explaining this very well. I'm not a good instructor by any stretch. 

What version of MC are you using?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, neurosis said:

I usually create planes around the fixed geometry rather than rotating the part.  It's easier.

You can project that vector to a plane to get the number for your rotation angle, Or, just create a wcs using the projected vector.

I know that I'm not explaining this very well. I'm not a good instructor by any stretch. 

i am working on 2023 but I have also older version Sir 

17 minutes ago, neurosis said:

Got it ,thank you ,thank you soooooo much !!!!!!!!That wats I am looking for !!!!!

Just now, mirek1017 said:

when I try crate new work offset from the solid face looks like masercam tilt part both  direction ,i am want find out haw I can tilt the part one derction and rotate other 

Don't use Solid face. Start from a base place and then do the rotations as you need to make the new WCS like you want. A solid face is good if you know it is where it is suppose to be on rotations to a point, but since it is flat it could be rotated completely wrong to work for a certain kinematics or angles you need. That is where you need to know what your going to be cutting it on or how you want your angles to work out when creating a WCS off of certain types of Solid Faces.

What the engineer gave you for machine setup is not ideal and if he given thought to making the 3 Axis process for the pocket more thought he would have realized he made the job more difficult doing what he did than if he had just allow you to work out the process on your own.

• Thanks 1

Also, if you have a Hole in the model, you can use the "Hole Axis" command, to create a "Centerline" of the Hole. With a line (Vector) down the center, you can then use that to create a Plane. By viewing the part in different orientations (Top, Front, Right, Etc.), you can create wireframe geometry, and then "project the compound angled line, "flat" to one view. That way you can measure the angular distance for Tilt, and for Rotation.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3