Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining Cloud replacement

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, the past few months they have made changes that make finding the tools I need more difficult, as well as a regular stream of popup ads. Many tools, that I had previously found on the app, have simply disappeared.

For this they think we're going to start paying?

It was my understanding, in the beginning, that this app was an aid for the tool mfgs to make it easier for us to access their product info. Was I mistaken? If not, what the heck makes the mfgs believe I would pay to subsidize their advertising?

Let me know if you find something that works as a replacement, and I'll do the same.

MachiningCloud is proud to announce our subscription based service. This decision was necessary to continue providing our customers top notch data and further develop the application to serve you. As a long term customer of MachiningCloud we have extended a free 30 day trial to you.

MachiningCloud's Premium plan will give you robust access to MachiningCloud features. Additionally MachiningCloud has launched new advanced search functions, which will help you browse catalogs and find your data significantly quicker.

The MachiningCloud Premium Subscription is $149 per month, as a valued customer we are pleased to extend an introductory offer of
$129 per month for the first year.or $1249 Paid In Full for one year.

31 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

MachiningCloud is proud to announce our subscription based service. This decision was necessary to continue providing our customers top notch data and further develop the application to serve you. As a long term customer of MachiningCloud we have extended a free 30 day trial to you.

MachiningCloud's Premium plan will give you robust access to MachiningCloud features. Additionally MachiningCloud has launched new advanced search functions, which will help you browse catalogs and find your data significantly quicker.

The MachiningCloud Premium Subscription is $149 per month, as a valued customer we are pleased to extend an introductory offer of
$129 per month for the first year.or $1249 Paid In Full for one year.

Yep, that's the one I got too.

The biggest problem with all of these software platforms is the sheer number of various tools, options, extensions, holders, screws, nuts, bolts, collets, seals, and other options/accessories.

Any "neutral vendor" like Machining Cloud must be able to import/input all of the data from each of these tool manufacturers. That is a daunting list of items, let alone all of the data behind the scenes that is required to support all the products.

I emailed them about the pricing and was told that they receive no funding from the tool manufacturers, which honestly surprised me. I mean its basically a advertising tool for them !

Apparently search functions will still be free, but they did not elaborate on what won't be, I imagine storing of a library , speeds and feeds etc will be locked behind the paywall. 

23 minutes ago, JParis said:

Hopefully the couple dozen or so of people that aren't too lazy to look things up and build what they need will be enough to fund their business model...

I have a tooling and work holding model folder that is 10.5 gb with 56,300 files in 1514 folders. The are 63 main folders from different manufactures.  I have models going back to 2003 in that folder. I have drives and other things going back to 1994 with files from different things I have done. I have lost some things over the years, but models is one that I have been lucky to keep copies of.

• Like 2

I too have lots of stuff stored locally but I thought machining cloud would be a way I could store it and have access to it anywhere I had internets. I pumped a ton of emails out and talked to a bunch of reps when this came out to try and get more manufacturers in this system but 1788 a year for a cloud stored database is not what I am after. Im sure some folks want this so to each their own.

• 7 months later...

I'm working on building tool libraries with the Manufacturers/Suppliers product information to streamline our tool purchasing.

I found this in the Mastercam help file 

../../../Skins/Default/Stylesheets/Images/transparent.gifImporting tools with MachiningCloud

1. To access MachiningCloud Tool Importer, right-click in the Mill Tool Manager, and choose Import/export tools, Import tool data from, MachiningCloud from the pop-up menu, as shown below.

../ToolpathsPics/RunningMachiningCloud.png

2. Click Open, and navigate to and open the ZIP file containing the MachiningCloud tool library.

file:///C:/Program Files/Mastercam 2022/Mastercam/help/en/Content/Toolpaths/Utilities/Using_the_Machining_Cloud_Tool_Importer.htm

I looked on the MachiningCloud website and saw the $149 a month and said no way can I do that so I'm trying to see if I can get a MachiningCloud tool library zip file to store on my hard drive.

I don't know if that's available but that's the best option I can see right now.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:33 PM, JParis said:

Hopefully the couple dozen or so of people that aren't too lazy to look things up and build what they need will be enough to fund their business model...

Really what they need to do is work out deals with Cad\cam companies. If you are on current maintenance with a major cam software then you should get access to machining cloud. Charging people $150 a month for something we can get off the tool manufacturers website for free is ludicrous.

• 2 months later...