Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam 22 Verify/Simulation problem...

Dontech

Good morning, all. Hope your weeks are going well.

When running verify and/or simulation in previous versions, I have long been accustomed to the tools moving while the stock remains stationary. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to set this up in 22, which seems to want to move the stock by default. I've tried a bunch of different things that look relevant in every menu I can find but to no avail.

Can someone please point me to a solution?

48 minutes ago, AHarrison1 said:

In Simulator - goto view and choose either workpiece or multiple workpiece, multiple works for multi ops on a part

verify.png

Thank you, AHarrison. That tip worked once but when I loaded the simulator again its back to moving the workpiece around despite having Multiple Workpiece and Single View selected.

Edit...your suggestion seems to work in Verify from the Home/Verify selection but not in the Home/Simulation selection.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dontech said:

Thank you, AHarrison. That tip worked once but when I loaded the simulator again its back to moving the workpiece around despite having Multiple Workpiece and Single View selected.

Edit...your suggestion seems to work in Verify from the Home/Verify selection but not in the Home/Simulation selection.

In Simulation I had to choose just workpiece, not multiple workpiece to get the desired effect. 

1 hour ago, AHarrison1 said:

In Simulation I had to choose just workpiece, not multiple workpiece to get the desired effect. 

Choosing either Workpiece or Multiple Workpiece in Verify will result in stationary stock and moving tool, which is what I want, but the pixely graphical result looks bad so I'd rather use Simulation as in the previous versions of Mcam.

Unfortunately, while Simulation displays a better looking graphical result, no matter which of the three I select in SImulation (Workpiece, Tool, or Mulitple Workpiece), the stock moves but the tool stays stationary (in X/Y). It's like both will do half of what I want, but neither work the way they did in Mcam 18 (our last version). We've only had Mcam 22 up and running well for about a month and a half now so I haven't figured everything out yet. Any other settings I could try, such as something in Configuration?

I think you've stumbled across a bug.

If you're in "Verify" mode (Home > verify), then the buttons that AHarrison1 showed will do the trick View > Focus.    However, in Simulation mode (which is really a lighter-weight version of the full blown "Machine simulation" on the Mastercam > Machine tab), it's not hooked up.   In full-blown machine sim, it's controlled by the Simulation > Machine/Workpiece Stock/Tool selection.

My guess is that no one has ever tried it when you're in Verify's Simulate mode....  Normally you're doing that to see the kinematics of the machine, so you're not trying to have the machine move around tool, you're trying to see what it's going to do "in real life."

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

I think you've stumbled across a bug.

If you're in "Verify" mode (Home > verify), then the buttons that AHarrison1 showed will do the trick View > Focus.    However, in Simulation mode (which is really a lighter-weight version of the full blown "Machine simulation" on the Mastercam > Machine tab), it's not hooked up.   In full-blown machine sim, it's controlled by the Simulation > Machine/Workpiece Stock/Tool selection.

My guess is that no one has ever tried it when you're in Verify's Simulate mode....  Normally you're doing that to see the kinematics of the machine, so you're not trying to have the machine move around tool, you're trying to see what it's going to do "in real life."

Interesting.

Dating back to X-MR2, then through X6 and Mcam 18, I have always used the Simulate option when running Verify because I found that Simulate always produced a better, clearer graphical representation of the work-piece during and after running the program. Verify always seemed to show a rougher pixelated looking cut around edges and holes, so Simulate worked better for me. When running as Simulate in Verify mode I have always run displaying only the stock and the tool...never needed to display any fixtures, vices, or the machine itself...and in those versions only the tool moved around on the screen; the stock always remained stationary, which is what I prefer. The parts we run in my Shop are usually small, relatively thin, and for the most part flat so I've never needed to see the machine in Simulate because I've never needed to worry about clearances, etc. Not being able to run any of the previous versions anymore I can't go back into 18, for instance, to compare settings with 22 to figure to how to lock the stock in place. So, as I run Simulate in Verify now, I only have Tool, Stock, and Gnomon boxes checked. So, given all that info, is there any way I can stop the stock from moving around in Verify > Simulate mode like it worked in those previous versions?

• 7 months later...