Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant Options - DISABLE M code with non-xstyle coolant

ThickChips

Hi,

I hate x-style coolant for a single reason:  its cumbersome. Instead of a single dropdown, there are two to worry about.

The Before, With, After is excessive for probably 90% of machining centers. With is the most used condition. 

My problem:

I want a simple On/Off for 3 modes:

FLOOD M08/M09

MIST M73/M74

THRU M88/M89

The post is only written for M08/M09 and M88/M89 - meaning that M73/M74 is not supported. 

Which means using "traditional" coolant mode, I cannot specify the disable code (grayed out), as seen in this image.

Capture.PNG.275256c309723db6b0277205dd1be9a9.PNG

My question:

Is it possible through the machine definition general parameters to achieve a simple on/off for all 3 modes i specify without physically editing the post? Or am I stuck with this bulky and over-engineered way of turning coolant on or off. 

Thanks

You'd likely have to edit your post.  If you're going to try to do that, make a backup just in case.

This is one of the easier post edits. Search through your post for something that looks like this. It should be self explanatory after that.

Edit: I should probably add that I'm using the MpMaster post. The ease of fixing this could depend on which post you're using and how it's set up.

# Coolant M code selection
sm09    : "M09"      #Coolant Off (Use sm09_0 through sm09_2)
sm08    : "M08"      #Coolant Flood
sm08_1  : "M12"      #Coolant Mist
sm08_2  : "M50"      #Coolant Tool
sm09_0  : "M09"      #Coolant Flood Off
sm09_1  : "M09"      #Coolant Mist Off
sm09_2  : "M09"      #Coolant Tool Off
scoolant : ""        #Target for string
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ThickChips said:

Is it possible through the machine definition general parameters to achieve a simple on/off for all 3 modes i specify without physically editing the post?

Yes, you can have custom entries in x coolant. And you can get rid of some of the choices. Not sure about Before, With and After.

It's been a while, I will review my x coolant code this weekend and do a post if you still haven't had any help. I am not using my posts at this job. All 5 ax with DWO at the moment.