Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Always use plane's work offset number, and never anything else

SlaveCam

This thing keeps biting me in the a**!

Every now and then I see an operation with differing work offset number to that of the plane it uses. My #1 rule is to never use any other work offset number than that assigned to its tool plane. Even if I set the work offset number in the plane view, after which Mastercam prompts that X number of operations use that plane and I confirm, there may be one or more operations that stick to the old work offset number!

I have to make sure the rule #1 is enforced. Have I overlooked an important setting somewhere, or is this something that requires a check in post processor?

49 minutes ago, SlaveCam said:

Sure but it still uses the "operation specific" work zero. I have been unable to figure out when this happens, but I guess it has something to do with import, which I use a lot

Yes...

I do  a good deal of work for one in particular customer, the parts are several different styles and varying lengths of the different styles...since X8 I have found that when importing OP's, even though I have planes created and numbered as I use them, the system seems to maintain many of them associated to the old plane, which also gets imported, even though one exists in the file, and it renumbers to a different number....as these are 4th axis rotary jobs, I have taken to going through each op set that runs on the plane and placing them on the correct planes in the files...

So yes, I have been seeing that for many versions now

I've gone so far as to just orient the new solid in a new file and import all of the OP's....even in that case they offset numbers still come in different than they are set in the originating file

SO then I Just started opening the file I wanted to use the paths from and just importing the new solid into that file...saved me headaches

Thanks for your input.

Our local post guy said this cannot be done in post, and thus comes a C/NET Hook: https://www.emastercam.com/forums/topic/104668-operation-specific-work-offset-number/

I need this check for my sanity's sake.

I think it's an oversight from CNC's part that when in the operation's planes tab, there is no warning or notification that the currenly assigned work offset number differs from tool plane's number.

workofs.png