Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quote on Compound Bow Riser

Roger

Any shops interested in quoting the part shown in the screenshot below?

A little background on this:  I'm now retired, the shop I was working for when I got this project has now sold to another company which only makes their own parts.  I'm still in contact with this person/company, and helping with the design.  He lives in California, so shipping would also have to go into your quote.  It would also need outsourced for anodizing, and polishing, so surface finish on the machining is important! 

It would be 6061 aluminum, there are other parts that would also need quoted/machined.  Quantities to start 8-10.  Might also be machining a mirror part.

If interested, please respond by PM, and I could send you the Solidworks files.

The screenshot.....

Screenshot 2022-06-25 053551.jpg

Yup..  around here it's usually harder to get a part through inspection than it is to build it.

I thought inspection's job was to sell parts, not spend days rooting around in the weeds looking for something to write up 

16 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

Yeah, the devil is in the details.  Do you need .0005" true position from one end to the other?

Dude, it's a Bow frame....  If everything is relatively flat and true I would Assume ±.02 would be fine lol.  But then again I don't machine archery products....

• Haha 2