Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hi Matt,

One teeny, tiny, correction: these machines are built by Phillips, using a Haas machine as the base. Phillips warranties the Meltio Hybrid System, while Haas warranties the base-machine (unless, of course, you're installing on a machine where the manufacturer's warranty has already expired.) So these are technically "Phillips Hybrid Machines".

These systems also do not require a new machine purchase. If your machine is from 2011 onwards, we can retrofit the Meltio System onto your existing machine...

If anyone is interested in exploring this option, I'd be happy to put you in touch with Brian Kristaponis, our General Manager of Phillips Hybrid.

These systems use commercial welding wire, so the material costs can be up to 10X less than a powder-bed additive machine.

Thanks for posting!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

I don't think it would fit in my CM-1...

What other MTBs is the system compatible with?

I believe we are the only MTB integrator currently. However, they do have a standalone M450 Machine, which just does the printing. The advantage there, is that you can have two separate process working simultaneously.

If you're interested in learning more, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you Brian's contact information. I believe we are the sole distributor for the Meltio M450 in the US Market, but I'm touching base with Brian to confirm that.

After talking with Brian, there are other builders who use Fanuc controls, that are in the prototyping stages for building a system. We are at the point where this is a commercially viable product. We can perform the integration and training on a Haas machine, in 4-Days.

Basically, 2 days to integrate the system, and 2 days to train you (or your programmers/operators) on how to run the equipment. (More training available and/or applications help, upon request, which would be an additional cost.)

We are currently programming using the Aplus Add-on for Mastercam, which is not included in the purchase price, but is readily available, and we can work with the team that develops Aplus to get your software and help you integrate it into an existing Post Processor. All of the Meltio functions are operated by M-Code, using relays and M-Fin signals in the back of the machine. (We add 8M PCB Relay Board, and wire that into the Meltio Control unit.)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

Can you give a ballpark?  Are we talking $50k or a million?

For the Hybrid System itself, we're happy to send you a quote. Same for the M450 system. **** NOTE: I had to redact the pricing, as that really shouldn't be posted publicly. ****

I would have to ask Brian what the cost is for the M450, so give me a few to get you an answer.

We can do Steel, Stainless (316L), Inconel 718, and Titanium. I believe we've done some Copper as well. I'm sure if you can get welding wire in a particular material, we can help you figure out how to print it.

I can tell everyone that we're by far the most economical solution available, and at the lower end of your range, not the upper...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1