Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Center of rotation

CristiP

3 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Where? At the machine or in the CAM? Are you programming from COR? Setting up the machine from COR?

Matsuura mam72-100h is the machine. It's a big table/table machine with all the fancy full 5 axis capabilities.  There is no need to position my part in CAM the same like on the machine, the machine will handle all this. All I want is to update the machine  center of rotation  as my part doesn't look great and by checking the COR I find out it is out 0.018 in x, 0.023 in y and 0.036 in z. Because I'm using 240 tool on this job and I want to update the COR I was thinking if this will affect in any way other stuff I have set for this job like tool lengths.  

thanks

8 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

That's A LOT of error.

Are you using G54.4, G68.2 and/or G43.4?

Yes I know. I don't know when the machine kinematics was checked last time as I'm not usually working on this machine. I decided to check it after a not so good cmm report. We are using G68.2 and G43.4.

Thanks

Yeah that thing must have gotten knocked around pretty good. I know it's a bigger machine but likely should be way better. The parameter backup from installation may have the original #19700 values. CNC apps guy showed me the #19700's on a MAM100H at IMTS and they were all in the sub 10micron range (Not sure why I remember that). So my guess is that the factory spec is a little bit better than .037in. Can you list #19700-#19705? 

Mike 

• Like 1

Your #19700~#19705 parameters should be somewhere within less than 100µm of these numbers;

N19700Q1L1P-575.015
N19701Q1L1P-629.9
N19702Q1L1P-1109.986
N19703Q1L1P0.0 SHOULD BE 0 no matter what)
N19704Q1L1P-20.055
N19705Q1L1P0.001

If they are off more than that, then most likely the machine has either been crashed or the machine is out of geometric spec due to settling and needs to be checked with a test bar, granite square and levels.

Or... your work offset it off

Or... you have values in your WSEC offset tables that are either incorrect or there when they shoudl not be.

Or... you have values in your common work offset that should not be there.

Or... you have incorrect tool offsets L/LW and/or D/R/DW/RW

• Like 1

I uploaded 2 pictures. One is with the old #19700's and one is with the error I've found. To the old #19700's parameter I added the errors

#564 to X, #565 to Y and #566 to Z

I don't know from where are the errors.  Yesterday I updated the COR and this morning after warming up the machine for 1h I've checked the COR again and they were no bigger than 0.003mm.

The only thing I know  is something about the machine being leveled at the begining of the year. This was done by Matsuura and I think they adjusted the COR after that...because the only thing I did now to update the COR is probing the artefact. Matsuura machines they have an artefact you can probe to track the machine movement and of course easy update the COR numbers.

This artefact must be in relation to COR and I hope it is. I uploaded also a picture with some information related to the artefact.

Thanks

PXL_20220705_151722146.MP.jpg

received_1078467526079012.jpeg

Screenshot_20220707-202112.png

1 hour ago, Leon82 said:

It's metric values so it's not that bad .

That was going to be my next question; as in are you sure those values aren't metric values?

We created a setup and run program to make it easier for customers to run eZ-5. If you choose to get the output, the report to your I/O channel looks like this;

eZ-5_Results.png