Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2023 Drill sort (point to point)

RonC.

I use the Selected Order default...I just went and changed it to Point to Point, regenned and it remained on my original order....

I selected another start point and regenned again, it still remained my original order

So it looks like if you try to alter it from however it was picked originally, it will not pick it up

• Like 1

I love this method of drill sorting, finally some intelligence has been add to drill sorting that gives you the shortest rapid distance.

How do you plan on fixing this?

By  adding a new  sort option? 

There are 46 different drilling sorting options in Mastercam already.

Please keep this sort method as is or rename it and remove the prompt for start point.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Glenn Bouman said:

I love this method of drill sorting, finally some intelligence has been add to drill sorting that gives you the shortest rapid distance.

Please keep this sort method as is or rename it and remove the prompt for start point.

+1

Tec Soft had this option 25 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Glenn Bouman said:

This is one possibility, Glenn. There are also now some nice quality of life things we can do with this when bulk-adding points through Ctrl+click or window select regardless of sorting method. 

Point to point with a user-defined start point is not going away. Any enhancements would stand alongside it.

• Like 1