Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

B axis next op

Hello,

I am altering a post for a Nakamura MX-100 mill/turn with a B axis upper head.

The machine has the capability to use tilted working planes (G368) to rotate the upper head and works pretty well.

I am able to rotate the head any where in the work area without sending the head to home position by simply

commanding a new G368 X pos Z pos and B angle (as long  as there is enough swing room for the tool to clear).

However, every time I cancel the G368 rotation with a G369, the machine fully retracts to X, Z and B home position.

This is hard coded in the machine's G369 cancel macro and can't be changed without a password (many machine

option programs are hidden in a directory which I have no access).

I then have to call another G368 and the machine then has to travel back to the part to be machined which

wastes a lot of time when I have many rotations for the tool.

The post we use currently use outputs a G369 cancel between routines.

I want to prevent the output of G369 until the end of the tool or if the next head B axis position is either 0, 90 or -90 degrees.

I have tried op_info, but without  the parameter# to look at there is no luck.

Is there a method to read the next tool path B axis position or if tilted working plane is used, so I can force a G369 if needed? 

Thanks.

Just my suggestion...I have several small 5 axis machines in our shop...our post sends the tool home on every axis change....with the work envelope, I wouldn'r consider changing it..

I don't know how big that mnachine is but that just sounds like a good safety move..

JM2C YMMV

The machine travels 12" X axis linear (23" dia.),  Y4" and Z16" from part to home position

to the top middle of the machine for both spindles.

This is when the head is at 0 deg. (verical).

I have saved almost a minute of cycle time by rotating the head closer to the part.

The machine has two spindles with the upper head and lower turret between and

working on both spindles.

This is an option I would like to have the post be capable of handling especially if

we have to tweak the Mastercam toolpaths and repost.

We do not have a mill/turn package for Mastercam other than a c axis lathe programming package.

This will save a lot of manual edits.

We have off machine simulation to verify pivot clearances.

I can control the tool retracts and pivot points using standard Mastercam settings.

Thanks.