Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

reordering icons in chain manager ?

Kenneth Potter

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Is your question; "Can I have the "NCI" folder above the "Parameters", and below the "Geometry"? If so, no you cannot to the best of my knowledge. If you are asking "Can I re-order operations? Teh answer is yes. You can drag and drop them single or grab a few at a time. You can also re-order groups.

Hope this helps.

------------------

James M. ;)

OIC

Simple drag drop "Kweul" Never had to use this function till now. The reorder picking methods are totaly different in chain manager compared to the Operations manager.

Dont think they covered that function in the chain manager help files. But I see now that its covered in the the hyper text question mark help.

Thanks fella

Kenneth Potter

HEck yes i use groups !

Groups & subgroups really keeps things from becoming a mess.

Now back to my chaining problem. I created a contour tool path & notice an area that didnt clean up. So i created extra geo & added it inside the chain manager. BUT it was in the wrong order! & I didnt want to create a new operation. I knew there was a way to reorder the icons but i had a brain fart tryin to move them thinking is was just like the operation manager. I notice the up & down arrows When I drag & drop the icons.

Kuwel

Kenneth Potter

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

On this note, One tip if you're using solids, you can re-order the solids operations to achieve different results.

------------------

James M. ;)