Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Axis substitution on a table table vertical 5 axis

westerfieldc

Good morning all,

I have asked his question and I think the answer was I couldn't do it, so I'm going to ask again to see if the file I upload nd my questions is easier to understand.  I have a table table 5 axis vertical that the part is too big in relation to the travels to have the cuter travel around the part in X and Y axis.  I want to use Axis Substitution to place the cutter somewhere in X and Y and have C axis rotate against the cutter.  I have tried a number if things to try to make this work but so far have not been able to produce the tool path wanted.  I have tried creating a straight line  equal to the circumference of the diameter and the tool path comes out wanting to move the A and C .  I'm hoping that my questions is clear enough and by providing a file you guys will be able to help.

Thanks,

Chris  

axis substitution.mcam

This is how i did it a while back, was a head table machine but don't see that being an issue if there is a rotating table. Used the morph tool path to get the motion I wanted and saved it out at back plot then used the geometry in a contour tool path with axis sub locked to 3 axis with rotate about Z axis, Doesn't make a lot of sense with 3 axis selection but worked with our post. Have also cut a tapered wall with the table spinning by using a multi axis path and locking the tilt axis relative to Z in the tool axis control, this makes the table turn. Possibly another way to attack it if the above method doesn't work with your post.

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1