Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

More probing questions

G65 P9995 W54. A10. D1.275 E0. H0.

That's the code for probing an ID.

G65 P9995 W54. A11. D.788 E-0.3 H0.10

And that's the code for probing an OD(boss).

My question is, what does the A represent?

I looked on the Inspection Plus manual and there's nothing about P9995

On 8/19/2022 at 11:10 AM, AMCNitro said:

G65 P9995 W54. A10. D1.275 E0. H0.

That's the code for probing an ID.

G65 P9995 W54. A11. D.788 E-0.3 H0.10

And that's the code for probing an OD(boss).

My question is, what does the A represent?

I looked on the Inspection Plus manual and there's nothing about P9995

G65P9995 is a MACRO somebody created or modified. You're going to need to contact whoever installed your probe and get the accurate documentation from them.

It almost looks like Easy Set, but EasySet is different.

If I were to make a W.A.G. I would say the following;

W = Work Offset

A = Cycle

D = Feature Size

E = Incremental Depth to measure the feature

H = back-off distance to avoid an internal/external obstruction

If you open the O9995 program there shoudl be line numbers corresponding with A. You'll probably see a GOTO#1. If you look through it you shoudl be able to figure out what the A's go to.

HTH

O9995 is Haas' master macro that populates/jumps to Renishaw's inspection plus macros. I only use this format when outputting from Haas' GUI for setup. Which the control does automatically into MDI. 

Anytime I add probing to a program I always use Renishaw's inspection plus macros. As you can add protected moves for clearances, link multiple measurement cycles, and not have the probe turn on/off for every measurement cycle.

The A variable selects the measurement cycle from Haas' macro to Inspection Plus. 

19 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

G65P9995 is a MACRO somebody created or modified. You're going to need to contact whoever installed your probe and get the accurate documentation from them.

It almost looks like Easy Set, but EasySet is different.

If I were to make a W.A.G. I would say the following;

W = Work Offset

A = Cycle

D = Feature Size

E = Incremental Depth to measure the feature

H = back-off distance to avoid an internal/external obstruction

If you open the O9995 program there shoudl be line numbers corresponding with A. You'll probably see a GOTO#1. If you look through it you shoudl be able to figure out what the A's go to.

HTH

It comes with Haas machines.

12 hours ago, civiceg said:

O9995 is Haas' master macro that populates/jumps to Renishaw's inspection plus macros. I only use this format when outputting from Haas' GUI for setup. Which the control does automatically into MDI. 

Anytime I add probing to a program I always use Renishaw's inspection plus macros. As you can add protected moves for clearances, link multiple measurement cycles, and not have the probe turn on/off for every measurement cycle.

The A variable selects the measurement cycle from Haas' macro to Inspection Plus. 

I program it at the machine and the cut and paste.  When you say that you use Renishaw Inspection plus, is that from Mastercam?

You left out the "Haas" detail. That's kinda important. 8-P

"Inspection Plus" is the O9810 Protected Move, O9811 Single Surface, etc... from machine tool MACRO software from Renishaw.

This is a link to the standard Easy-Set Manual - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfpwfymag55n8fv/Renishaw%20-%20H-2000-6068-0C-A%20Renishaw%20EasySet%20Programming%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

Perhaps that can help you decipher the arguments.

• Like 1
On 8/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, cncappsjames said:

You left out the "Haas" detail. That's kinda important. 8-P

"Inspection Plus" is the O9810 Protected Move, O9811 Single Surface, etc... from machine tool MACRO software from Renishaw.

This is a link to the standard Easy-Set Manual - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfpwfymag55n8fv/Renishaw%20-%20H-2000-6068-0C-A%20Renishaw%20EasySet%20Programming%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

Perhaps that can help you decipher the arguments.

Thank you! This will help even more!

Also, thank you to all that replied.

• Like 1