Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem with mastercam tutorial (lathe boring)

aaron tabor

I am working on a mastercam lathe tutorial I am trying to rough out a bore with a boring bar, I chain my geometry pick the right size tool, have the right lead in/out set but the tool wants to bury into the part past where its supposed to cut.  It will either give me an error or generate the toolpath with the tool way too deep. I included a link to the file so you can see what I am saying (toolpath #8).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykrxkjav5azvo7q/Tutorial%205%20review%20with%20toolpaths.emcam?dl=0

4 hours ago, aaron tabor said:

I tried doing remaining stock and I rechained it with the arrow facing outwards along the inside contour but its still giving me the embedded in stock error.

Re-chain in the same direction you had it. Other option is to just chain the single horizontal line. The chain direction must point into the cavity.