Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2023 stability

MrFish

Just now, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

Some users who also have SW installed are seeing crashes whenever a SolidWorks 'thumbnail' bitmap is viewed - even in the MRU file dropdown.

I don't have Solidworks installed though I do have Edrawings and PDMWorks...most blips I have seen I am not browsing files, I am in a file working

MC2023 has been rock solid for me on 2 PCs

I have SolidWorks 2022 installed on both machines.

I have had a couple of crashes, mostly when running verify on very large parts.

The crash occurs when my mouse clicking get ahead of the computer

Personally I have found MC 2022 and 2023 to be very stable.

44 minutes ago, JParis said:

I don't have Solidworks installed though I do have Edrawings and PDMWorks...most blips I have seen I am not browsing files, I am in a file working

It wouldn't surprise me if those other SW-related installs could cause the same crash ... and in many cases it was a delayed reaction where it would crash later.

8 hours ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

Mr. Fish,

If you've also got SolidWorks installed, maybe this (Mastercam crashes after opening a SOLIDWORKS file – myMastercam) will help. Some users who also have SW installed are seeing crashes whenever a SolidWorks 'thumbnail' bitmap is viewed - even in the MRU file dropdown.

Pete

Thanks Pete, i'll give that a go, often working with files from solidworks from a major customer rather than our system.  is it more system related or file related. i.e. do I need to ask them to make that change at their end ?, not sure they would be keen on that.

17 hours ago, MrFish said:

Thanks Pete, i'll give that a go, often working with files from solidworks from a major customer rather than our system.  is it more system related or file related. i.e. do I need to ask them to make that change at their end ?, not sure they would be keen on that.

No - whoever is sending you the SW files shouldn't have to make any changes.

• Thanks 1